Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Wheels

kev dood

Although I am totally new to posting on this site, I know from following various topics that this has been done to death.

However, I was wondering if anyone had posted pictures of what the pitting/corrosion on the IS200 wheels looks like?

Mine, when dirty end up with clear'ish spots on them, and in a couple of places the paint looks slightly bubbled. Is this what I should be looking for?

One garage mentioned that new replacements had run out and they had gone back to fitting refurbs which he didn't reccomend as looked different.

Are the refurbs better as they are coated all over?

Thanks for any of your help, its amazing how nervous you feel putting one of these things up!!

Hi Kev, my wheels have justed started to bubble slightly on the edge of the spokes.

Went to Lexus Leicester on Saturday, they had one look & said "we will order a set of replacements for you, they should be here for Tuesday". These will be the refurbished tpye that are fully lacqured, I would say these wheels will be better. Although I do like the bare machined finished on the original wheels.

:ohmy:

WoW, thats not good. Mine are nowhere near that. I just get a bit of bubbling on the edge of some of the spokes. The wheels are dirty at present but if I get round to cleaning them and find the work dig. camera I will post a piccy.

I guess yours is the "norm" then for our "quality" wheels?!

Did they replace them with reconditioned wheels (painted all over) or new ones, which have the milled bit on the front.

Dunno which I would prefer really. Some of the IS's I have seen in show rooms have had ones which are not milled on front - look a bit more like the GS series ones then! Bit too smooth maybe for the lean and clean cut IS!

Did they replace them with reconditioned wheels (painted all over) or new ones, which have the milled bit on the front.

Dunno which I would prefer really. Some of the IS's I have seen in show rooms have had ones which are not milled on front - look a bit more like the GS series ones then! Bit too smooth maybe for the lean and clean cut IS!

I got the laquered all over replacements - same as what Johnny's getting I think. Although the lip isn't as shiney, they still look good, and are a darn sight easier to clean..... :)

I will post a pic of my blue sidelights in action tonight, they produce a high output.

Zee has the blue & white combo, whilst Andy & I have the pure blues. Not seen the pure whites in action but if they are like ours then they will be good.

The cost was £20.00 a pair from Graham Goode in Leicetser, they are made by PIAA

I will post a pic of my blue sidelights in action tonight, they produce a high output.

Zee has the blue & white combo, whilst Andy & I have the pure blues. Not seen the pure whites in action but if they are like ours then they will be good.

The cost was £20.00 a pair from Graham Goode in Leicetser, they are made by PIAA

Look forward to seeing what they look like?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between silver indicator bulbs compared with the standard ones?

Look forward to seeing what they look like?

Also, excuse my ignorance, but what is the difference between silver indicator bulbs compared with the standard ones?

The buld glass is coated, so they look silver when not flashing. But they still flash orange, look really good in the rear clusters as they blend with the chrome and don't stand out like the orange ones do IMO anyway :)

The buld glass is coated, so they look silver when not flashing. But they still flash orange, look really good in the rear clusters as they blend with the chrome and don't stand out like the orange ones do IMO anyway :)

I've fitted them to the front lights of the merc, you can no longer see yellow through the headlight lenses, they do look cool.

Jonny, does Graham Goode sell the whole PIAA range, I can't decide between the white LED side lights and the XTREME white bulbs. I'm looking for as close to HID as possible.

Spot on JB - they look ace! Ifraz, you must purchase my friend... ;)

Rich - If I remeber correctly, Graham Goode can get any PIAA bulbs you need... what do your white LED's look like? You happy with them....?

Sorry Zee, I meant I'd fitted the silver vision indicator bulbs, I haven't changed the side lights yet, I can't decide between the white LED side lights and the XTREME white bulbs both are £20 for the pair.

ah - apologies Rich, my misunderstanding.

I would go with the LED's personally - longer life, brighter, and crystal clear. Take a look at mine at Brooklands (as I have White/Blue) and make a call from there?

JB or I could always pick a pair up for you from GG and send them to you or give you them at a meet....? :)