Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust

Unitee

Too my dismay, I have noticed rust in the engine bay. It appears a long a seam around where the shock absorber mount is on the nearside. My IS200 is a 1999 model. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to try and claim from the 10 year bodywork perforation warranty. Can help thinking it is a manufacturing fault and that the seam wasn't finished properly. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Too my dismay, I have noticed rust in the engine bay. It appears a long a seam around where the shock absorber mount is on the nearside. My IS200 is a 1999 model. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm going to try and claim from the 10 year bodywork perforation warranty. Can help thinking it is a manufacturing fault and that the seam wasn't finished properly. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Very common on many many cars and often does not cause any major worries - may just be surface.

Would SERIOUSLY doubt it will be covered under warranty as it is neither perforation not likely to be from the inside out.

Brian :)

I don't think, its anything to worry about. I too have a 99 SE model and have rust on the seam in the engine bay on both ns & os. It's on a flat surface in my engine bay, so it may be there due to water settlment as any gathering water cannot 'runoff'.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the responses. Car has had a couple of rear impacts, hardly anything major. Take your advice not to worry. I was more concerned with the cosmetics and trying to sell it.

My car is a 2000/X with 96K miles which I've had since it was 6 months old , I asked Lexus Milton Keynes to look into the rust during the last service and was told it's not covered by the 10 year anti perforation warranty. Bit annoyed as it's not really what I'd expect to see on a Lexus....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links