Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newness

MisterAdam

Hello all :)

Im new to this Lexus owning malarky, got myself an IS200 S a week or so ago, not the car i was looking for but i was offered it at a price i couldn't say no too really, 52 reg, 52k, tints, lowered 40mm, front and rear strut braces, SE wheels, and an exhaust which is coming off and the standard one is going back on, other than that shes standard :)

This is it after a quick wash, still need to give it a good polishing :)

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

This is my old car, Starlet GT Turbo, had a nice bit done to it, went like stink too, it was like an F1 car compared to the Lexus :lol:

gtTub3.jpg

Hi :blush:

Yeh man they're both in completly different leagues :duh:

The Lexus is far nicer to drive though, quiet, comfy, warm (gt was stripped out and freezing until the heaters finally got going) and just nice to drive, will sit at 120mph without to much trouble whereas the GT would be screaming at that speed, shaking the arse off you, and have wind seaping in everywere :lol:

Cant get over how much the IS drinks :blink:

I was looking at the MPG and its not too far off the same MPG as an Evo, but with an Evo at least there is a trade off for performance, with the Lexus it just takes and gives nothing back :lol:

turbo's were origionaly designed as a fuel saver! by the way nice car, looks stunning. you say it's a 52 reg. the newer ones (after 01)had dark chrome rear lights and i think dark chrome fog lights aswell. I wonder if your's doesn't because of the colour or because it's an S not SE? just wondered?

I was looking at the MPG and its not too far off the same MPG as an Evo, but with an Evo at least there is a trade off for performance, with the Lexus it just takes and gives nothing back :lol:

turbo's were origionaly designed as a fuel saver! by the way nice car, looks stunning. you say it's a 52 reg. the newer ones (after 01)had dark chrome rear lights and i think dark chrome fog lights aswell. I wonder if your's doesn't because of the colour or because it's an S not SE? just wondered?

Dont think it makes a diffrence if its a SE or S.

On another note, Misteradam, nice looking motor. Them starlets do go well! That intercooler looks bigger than the one on my S/C 200! :blush:

because of the colour

silver ones didnt

Oooooh im leaning things already :P

Smoked headlights and foglights would be nice, but i think im going to keep it as standard as possible so its easier to sell when it comes to changing. Need to colour code the little boot spoiler and whip the exhaust off. Will be leaving the suspension and strut braces on until its tome to sell it :)

Any cheap little mod's or tricks or whatever i can do with the IS to keep me busy?

Oooooh im leaning things already :P

Smoked headlights and foglights would be nice, but i think im going to keep it as standard as possible so its easier to sell when it comes to changing. Need to colour code the little boot spoiler and whip the exhaust off. Will be leaving the suspension and strut braces on until its tome to sell it :)

Any cheap little mod's or tricks or whatever i can do with the IS to keep me busy?

leave the suspention on. no one will notice the difference because the sport was about 30 odd mill lower I think plus all the newer one's were lowered compared to the old one's aswell. yes get rid of the struts if you feel it would sell easier as these take 5 mins to take off. suspention doesn't though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links