Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

17" Is 300 Wheels On An Rx?

I was thinking about putting some 2000 IS 300 17" wheels on my 2000 RX300 (with larger tires of course) - Has anyone tried this before - I was wondering about offset and clearance problems - also what size tires would be best (17") - Any info would be helpful

• 1 month later...

Hi;

I have been thinking about this, too! There is an excellent German wheel company called Autec (www.autec-wheels.de) who have a configurator that shows the offset and PCD for the wheels you select for your car. There are more wheels available for the IS range, but for the styles that are common to both the IS and RX ranges, the figures are identical.

In short, according to Autec's figures, the IS200 17" wheels should fit the RX300. The settings are an offset (ET) of 35mm and a PCD of 114.3mm.

As regards tyres, the ones that are fitted to the RX 17" wheels would seem ideal - 225/60R17.

I hope this helps.

lexus wheels are not very strong so if you put IS wheels on an RX you may find you will bend them more realy you should put alloys for a 4X4 on it but if you drice on good roads and dont go of road you may be ok.

But you i dont think that standard IS wheels will look right on the RX the a guide for the off set for the RX 17" 35 ish and the IS 17" 45 ish so the IS wheels will sit to far in on the RX.

you could use spacers but not sure how that will look.

James