Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Speed And Power!

hi,

over the past few months i have noticed that my car has lost a lot of top end power. b4 i could easily reach 100mph and it would carry onto 120 then slowley onto 130mph (on private land ofcourse), but now when i finally reach 100 mph it doesnt go any faster. the needle just hovers around this mark. i have had a service with new spark plugs and air and oil filters at 60000, car is now only on 66000. have also had my clutch replaced 2day bcoz i burnt the other out. i am known to be heavy footed, have had the car now for 3 years but this loss of speed/power has only started over the last 5-6 months.

if anyone knows what the problem could be or has any suggestions i would appreciate it as driving has been v boring lately.

Salam Bro! :D

After owning the car for three years you finally decide to post on LOC! (Smuver is a mate of mine that has been lurking for ages and ages)

Sounds like your wife has been messing with your car and she has fiddled with it to make you drive slower (on your private land) :P!

Like I said on the phone I would try an ECU diagnostics check to see if their are any errors.

I think Imi had a similar problem with his car last year which the brilliant Steve at Charlesworth Motors in Glossop managed to sort - think it was something to do with a manifold.

Maybe something to do with airflow? Is your airfilter clean?

I'm sure the more technical people on here will know..... Good Luck! :)

PS While you were away I cleaned my car (you know how rare that is! LOL)

the guy at the garage did mention something i hadnt thought of tho.......PETROL..............i :crybaby: ve been mainly using ASDA petrol pretty much since i got my car, mainly for convenience as its close by, and for economic reasons.

so from now on SHELL only. will post back my findings.

also if any one else has any other thoughts plz let me know

regards

Reset yor ECU and then try a few tanks of Shell V-Power. It will take a few tanks for the car to readjust to the higher octane rating.

Maybe try some Fuel/Injector Cleaner too??

Way I see it is if you have a almost £25K car when new you should try and give it the best fuel possible.

When I got my Lexus I stopped using Morrisons petrol (I had a few flat spots) and have used Shell or BP fuel ever since which has sorted it all out.

I read on another forum about using 10K Boost - its a spray canthat you spray into the intake manifold while the car is running and it cleans alot of crap out of the engine. I have not tried it myself, but it has good reviews.

:) Good Luck :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links