Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Vertex

Funb0b

Vertex is the trim level, basically leather etc and the chromed alloys as far as I know?

I've got a copy of the sales brochure in PDF if that's any help, thing is it's all in Japanese I think!

Vertex is the trim level, basically leather etc and the chromed alloys as far as I know?

I've got a copy of the sales brochure in PDF if that's any help, thing is it's all in Japanese I think!

Thanks aido, there's one for sale near me which does have the leather and the JBL system fitted but slightly different alloys no vertex badges or rear spoiler.

So in essence no real difference to performance would you say, the reason I ask as I've never come across a Mk2 that wasn't a vertex.

Anyhoo I'll pop along a have a look over it and let you know what's what perhaps you can advise.

RGDS

Angeline

A lot of the stuff in Japan was optional I think, the badges can just be taken off, not sure about the spoiler as I thought that came standard but they could have swapped the boot lid or had it filled in when it was removed.

They're very nice cars, everyone who's been in mine has remarked on how nice it is, and they're even more surprised when they realise how old it is!

So in essence no real difference to performance would you say, the reason I ask as I've never come across a Mk2 that wasn't a vertex.

The performance difference is between the S300 (same engine as UK GS300) and the V300 (Supra Twin Turbo engine)

Standard and Vertex are like the UK S and SE models.

You need to check as I've seen some Mk2 Aristos in the UK that are just the equivalent of the Lexus GS300. The Vertex badge does set the standard for having leather, but the real difference is in the stunning performance. It has the Toyota Supra Twin turbo engine, better sports set-up suspension, 4-wheel steer at high speed, steering wheel gear change for manual over-ride of the auto box. You can easily tweak the set up for 400bhp.

This is perhaps the best 4 door luxury sports car around. It is the most practical and safe vehicle at the same time.

You need to check as I've seen some Mk2 Aristos in the UK that are just the equivalent of the Lexus GS300. The Vertex badge does set the standard for having leather, but the real difference is in the stunning performance. It has the Toyota Supra Twin turbo engine, better sports set-up suspension, 4-wheel steer at high speed, steering wheel gear change for manual over-ride of the auto box. You can easily tweak the set up for 400bhp.

This is perhaps the best 4 door luxury sports car around. It is the most practical and safe vehicle at the same time.

Vertex has nothing to do with performance, it's a trim level.

The performance you are refering to is the V300 model, with or without the Vertex trim level.

EVERYBODY IS WRONG!! (hehe)...

I've got the Vertex Edition with cloth/suede seats...no leather here. I'm guessing leather was optional on all models due to this mere fact...but I've never seen a NON-Vertex edition Mk2 Aristo (confused).

I'm easily confused, but I just put it down to "senior moments" at my age !!

I believe the Vertex normally has leather as standard, but you could get the factory option of cloth/suade as a no-cost variation, and in hot climates cloth seems popular.

Like you I've never come across a Mk 2 Vertex that wasn't the V300 (with the sporty bits), and was told this was the case by importers/dealers when I was shopping around to buy mine. I know the Mk 1 came in different trim levels, but I was told that when the Mk 2 was launched in 1997 by Toyota the Vertex became and was the V300 Aristo, and the non-Vertex models equivalent to the GS300 S or GS with non-sporty bits.

However, maybe the non-Vertex models are not worth importing so we don't see them on the road !!

I've de-badged mine - so it totally confuses everyboby anyhow.

Oh well don't think this has been here before, it's the Aristo JDM Brochure with all options and everything you'd ever like to know about the car!

Only one problem.

It's JDM.

Which means it's all in Japanese :lol:

It's got some nice pictures though and a lot of information from the grids you can get of get the gist of anyway as a lot of it is numeric!

I got the original images from Toyota Imports Forum and basically converted them into a PDF document on my Mac so it's easier to read!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNP29J94

Enjoy :)

:lol:

Yeah good point it's a 3.1MB download so would take around 12 minutes for anyone without broadband to download, this is why broadband is ace, takes me 2 seconds to download that much :P

@ Paul, liking the new avatar :)

They're very nice cars, everyone who's been in mine has remarked on how nice it is, and they're even more surprised when they realise how old it is!

...and more surprised still when they realise how fast it is! :D

Funny this question was brought up just yesterday on a NZ forum.

The only two differences that separate a Vertex Aristo and a non Vertex Aristo are Chromed alloys and a rear spoiler.

I have seen plenty of vertex editions with cloth trim. :)

Hmm - if you mean the Vertex came with the spoiler then mine didn't (hehe) and NON-chrome 17" alloys...still a Vertex edition though.

Gramps: I'm sure it would've stopped along with the production of the standard GS300...if I'm wrong just say :).

I think many people have changed the standard chrome wheels to Lexus GS300 alloys (mine is) and removed the spoiler. The spoiler does make the boot heavy and prone to drop on your head in the slightest breeze - maybe someone got fed up with the danger of the shopping run !!

Someone said the TT Vertex version stopped in production before the MK2 GS300 finished. If it continued to the end was the TT transfered to the Mk3 as well?

There is no TT MK3, that's when Lexus and Toyota split, they produced the GS450h instead of a TT model.

Didn't realise the spoiler could be taken off, was expecting it to leave holes in the boot!

Might try it without as it makes it look like even more of a sleeper, and besides it did nearly brake my neck the other week when I was taking the wheelchair out the car!

Not 100% sure but can't you adjust the tension of the boot so it makes it a little stiffer to shut? Think I can remember seeing something on the clublexus site that showed how to do this...maybe worth checking this out for all those with a killer boot :shruriken:

Yeah basically think it's a case of adjusting the metal bars in the boot, there is a clip that adjusts tension somewhere, at least there was on the IS, I did read how to change it on the GS, digging deep here but think it may have been you remove the boot lining and the assembly drops into another hole?

Hmm - if you mean the Vertex came with the spoiler then mine didn't (hehe) and NON-chrome 17" alloys...still a Vertex edition though.

Just going of a Japanese Sales Brochure that I read once.

Im sure Imitation Vertex badges can be purchased in Japan :winky: , Iv seen them stuck on lots of different JDM Toyota’s

The latest if seen is a MY02.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links