Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had one of these as a courtesy car last week and couldn't get the front parking sensors to beep - how exactly do they work? Do they only beep at the front when you're really about to hit something? Or was something just switched off?

Had one of these as a courtesy car last week and couldn't get the front parking sensors to beep - how exactly do they work? Do they only beep at the front when you're really about to hit something? Or was something just switched off?

If there was a little green p on the dash lights then they were on, if not, then they were switched off. You can turn them off to stop them beeping at you in heavy traffic. I Leave mine on all the time as its just hassle turning them on and off all the time.

Cheers

Mat

:lol:

Odd, perhaps they were switched off? You can adjust the distance they operate from from one of the menus, not sure whether it had an 'off'' option though.

Mine operates from a distance of 2-3 feet and the beeps increase in frequency as you get nearer to the obstruction, with a continous beep to let you know you're damn near hitting it. Works really well with the rear view camera and has saved the bodywork quite a few times. :whistling:

Hmmm, that seems strange, as I had the green P in the dash, and I could find no switch that would switch them off anyway.

The really odd thing was that the rear sensors were working - is it possible to switch off the fronts alone?

Hmmm, that seems strange, as I had the green P in the dash, and I could find no switch that would switch them off anyway.

The really odd thing was that the rear sensors were working - is it possible to switch off the fronts alone?

No..not possible. Must have been U/S :blink:

If I remember rightly the IS only has 2 front corner sensors?? I had one as a courtesy car and they seemed to work really well when you turned into a space and then went quiet until the last possible second as you approached an obstacle head on. Not sure, butcan you get 4 on the front of an IS??

No..not possible. Must have been U/S :blink:

U/S? :duh:

Sorry, thought everyone knew.....UnServiceable :blush: ..i.e. not working

If I remember rightly the IS only has 2 front corner sensors?? I had one as a courtesy car and they seemed to work really well when you turned into a space and then went quiet until the last possible second as you approached an obstacle head on. Not sure, butcan you get 4 on the front of an IS??

There's just two on the front, one at each corner. Four on the back. frontsensorsob3.th.jpg

If there was a little green p on the dash lights then they were on, if not, then they were switched off. You can turn them off to stop them beeping at you in heavy traffic. I Leave mine on all the time as its just hassle turning them on and off all the time.

Does anyone really stop that close to a car in front in heavy traffic to activate the sensors? If so I think they should go and take lessons on how to drive again.

Don't think you can get 4 on the front as standard. FYI you can bump the front end, head on an obstacle (bollard etc) even with the sensors on. I found out the hard way - no beep, just stop. I guess that's why they're called corner sensors. Beemers have 4 at the front - why can't Lexus?

Don't think you can get 4 on the front as standard. FYI you can bump the front end, head on an obstacle (bollard etc) even with the sensors on. I found out the hard way - no beep, just stop. I guess that's why they're called corner sensors. Beemers have 4 at the front - why can't Lexus?

because they saved at least 5 euros! :duh:

• 1 month later...

The SE-L comes with parking sensors.

The MM adds the reverse cam.

So an SE-L with MM would have them, whereas I don't believe that an Se with MM would.

The options for parking systems are the LPA400 and the LPA800.

The LPA400 is rear sensors only, and 4 of them.

The LPA800 is front and rear, and 8 of them.

It would surprise me to find that the front only has 2 sensors.

I'm not taking the fact that there's only two visible ones at the front to mean that there really are only two.

evilweasel's comment that you can bump the front is much more important though, and definitely suggests that the SE-L only gets 6 sensors, which is most odd.

The SE-L comes with parking sensors.

The MM adds the reverse cam.

So an SE-L with MM would have them, whereas I don't believe that an Se with MM would.

The options for parking systems are the LPA400 and the LPA800.

The LPA400 is rear sensors only, and 4 of them.

The LPA800 is front and rear, and 8 of them.

It would surprise me to find that the front only has 2 sensors.

I'm not taking the fact that there's only two visible ones at the front to mean that there really are only two.

evilweasel's comment that you can bump the front is much more important though, and definitely suggests that the SE-L only gets 6 sensors, which is most odd.

Well mine has two visible sensors on the front and between them they do a very good job of telling me where the front is when parking...except of course you have a single bollard or pole right in the middle. As long as you know the limitations then there's no problem, as the biggest risk is at the corners whilst moving.