Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Randy Geriatric Signing In!

randygeriatric

Hi folks,

I bought my gold 93 LS400 two years ago with 66k FSH for £4200.00 here in Farnborough Hants. Its now done 81k and I have replaced Cambelt/idler pulley/plugs/leads, removed the cats, replaced the centre silencers with stainless pipes, replaced the std air filter with a K&N, & just done a full "C" service. Cosmetically I have had all the wheels repainted in original Cheltenham Gold then surface skimmed as per Lexus std finish.

I am seeking info on removing EGR unit without causing any ECU warnings to appear & also the original viscous fan in an effort to improve performance and reduce fuel consumption.??????

I have read every LS400 forum on every aspect of ownership so I am keen to become involved.........

Welcome to LOC :D

Loving the username, best I've seen on here I reckon :lol:

Sorry can't help with your questions, but someone will be along who can help!

The car sounds nice, any pics of her as I'm sure the rest of the lads will be asking for some later!

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

It might be worth joining up on here if you dont get info on this forum.

http://lextreme.com/forums/index.php

All i can say is there is a sensor in the induction which senses the gases that return from the EGR pipe.If you blank the ends off,so theres no EGR pipe in effect then the car will over fuel all the time as the ECU brain thinks the engines cold and over fuels.I think i read on the above link somewhere theres ways of tricking the ECU.

Heres there main front page with some info links on.

http://lextreme.com/

Hope thats of some Help.

Chips.