Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f - What Do You Think?

I logged onto the net yesterday evening and saw for the first time pics of the Lexus IS-F, after reading the specs etc and seeing the pics of the car inside and out, I must say I was very, very impressed.

I'm sure everyone who's been keeping an eye out for the "IS 500" and it's been a long wait were just excited about seeing the car in full.

I've been crying out for a while now, that Lexus needs a performance division, and the "F" Division is perfect, Im my opinion the IS-F looks awesome and judging by the spec it will leave it's rivals well and trully behind.

I would like to say a BIG Thank you and Well done to Lexus for producing a Sexy Monster of a car!

What's everybody else's thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks very good and as long as the engine has enough torque, and the gearing is right it'll be fantastic. A good boost for the marque as long as Lexus don't just keep shoe-horning bigger and bigger engines with no real need such as AMG keep doing, they do seem a bit pointless. I think I read in EVO that they do something like 8 engines with over 500bhp now, available in most models as well :duh:

Have to say, the quad pipes look like a set up on a kids Corsa near where I live - not the best piece of design IMO.

I think it looks very good and as long as the engine has enough torque, and the gearing is right it'll be fantastic. A good boost for the marque as long as Lexus don't just keep shoe-horning bigger and bigger engines with no real need such as AMG keep doing, they do seem a bit pointless. I think I read in EVO that they do something like 8 engines with over 500bhp now, available in most models as well :duh:

Have to say, the quad pipes look like a set up on a kids Corsa near where I live - not the best piece of design IMO.

The figures quoted are as follows:

Lexus IS-F

O-60mph – approx 4.3 secs

Top Speed – 155mph (restricted)

350 lb-ft of torque, 425 bhp (approx) and an 8 speed - sport shift gearbox

Retail £55,000 (approx)

I think the quad pipes make it look quite aggressive, I suppose everyone to there own.

Great!!!!! But very expensive........

Lets be honest and recognise that its about as close to the cars we are driving as a dog is to a cat. How long do you think it will be after they are available, until some sad individual is sending away for the badge, sticking an extra two or even three pipes on the back of his/her 220/250. Like the idiots driving a 316i with an M badge. :blush:

Is it just me or do -

The wheels look too small

The body kit - esp. front wings looks like a cheap OTT job

White leather?

I guess the extra power would be good considering the weight of the vehicle - that V8 block won't be the automotive equivalent of Ryvita!

I saw the pics of the prototype hammering round the 'ring so maybe the handling has been tuned - I have a nagging feeling though when the car's reviewed that it won't handle like the new M3 or the old RS4. Good for the US - lots of straight roads, but not so good for Europe - bendy!

Anyway that's my two penneth.

Is it just me or do -

White leather?

I guess the extra power would be good considering the weight of the vehicle - that V8 block won't be the automotive equivalent of Ryvita!

I saw the pics of the prototype hammering round the 'ring so maybe the handling has been tuned - I have a nagging feeling though when the car's reviewed that it won't handle like the new M3 or the old RS4. Good for the US - lots of straight roads, but not so good for Europe - bendy!

It's a possibility, although I hope not, with all the time its been on the nurburgring, let's hope they've got it right :winky:

I agree I'm not so sure about the wings, but I love the white leather :blush:

Is it just me or do -

White leather?

With regards to the wheels being small, I thought the same, but it depends on what angle you look at it, some of the pics I've seen the wheels look small, but then the pics of the launch make it look perfect!

As far has poer and handling goes, I think there's more than enough power, and handling should be good because it's been tested on the Nurburgring so it should be spot on.

But as far as I'm concerned I would just be happy to have it parked outside my house!

I've seen a few pics of the new M3 and I'd take the IS-F anyday!

I understood it to be in the £39995 price range. B)

If it's 55K it's had it.

0-60 is quoted 4.9 NOT 4.3.

The 0-60 mph is between 4.3 and 4.9, they haven't quoted exact figures but it's more powerful and quicker than both the M3 and RS4

The price I hear is no less than £45k because they need it to be in the same range as both the Audi and BMW I hear if it's below that they (Lexus) will be seen to undervalue it, but I could be wrong.

Also all the new Lexus models are really holding there value well, so they can be abit pricey with the IS F.

I've just sat properly and looked at the link again http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...article_id=4563 and I must say agian the IS F looks amazing in every way possible, I think I'm obsessed with the car!

No seriouslly I think Lexus have done a very good job, I looked at a few other screen shots eleswhere and depending on which angle you look at determined how good it looked, I mean from some of the shots I wasn't convinced but after seeing the link above and I suppose that's the closest thing to to seeing it in real, I must confess It looks superb! I also like the attention to detail ie the little "F" logo's on the interior ie on the steering wheel and seats.

I can't wait to see it face to face in real, I'm sure it will look even more impressive!

Now - I've on the web-site the official Lexus UK web-site and they have said the following:

NEW LEXUS IS-F PERFORMANCE VEHICLE TO MAKE WORLD DEBUT AT DETROIT

Lexus will stage the world premiere of the IS-F sport performance car and an exciting concept vehicle at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

The IS-F is an all-new high-performance version of the popular Lexus IS 250 sport saloon. It will feature unique styling and a substantial boost in power from a V8 powerplant. Sales are expected to start in the UK in 2008.

In addition to the IS-F, Lexus will unveil an exotic sports concept.

The press conference will be held on Monday, January 8 at 11:25 a.m. EST in the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Centre.

So I'm assuming there will be an F Division in the UK aswell.

I'm not sure but I think someone was "winding me up" by saying the IS F will be bagded as an IS 500 in the UK, and there will not be an F Division in the UK, but that came from a BMW owner.

I WANT TO GO ON RECORD AND SAY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LEXUS DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BADGING THE IS-F AS AN IS 500!

WE IN THE UK WANT AND NEED AN "F" DIVISION, AND WE WANT AN IS-F NOT IS 500, WE WANT A PERFORMANCE DIVISION!

WE WANT "F".

"F" division will not come to uk as only limited numbers are to be offered for sale, ( I have seen 500 max) sorry, and until they come up with the price and real performance figures I would hold back. They said the 460 would cover 0-60 in under 5.5 secs, at snetterton we could not manage more that 6.6 secs, which is MILES OFF.

"F" division will not come to uk as only limited numbers are to be offered for sale, ( I have seen 500 max) sorry, and until they come up with the price and real performance figures I would hold back. They said the 460 would cover 0-60 in under 5.5 secs, at snetterton we could not manage more that 6.6 secs, which is MILES OFF.

I think you'll find F division will come to the UK, all Lexus Dealer Principals were shown the car in Portugal last year and all sales and aftersales staff were shown video of 'whats coming' which included the IS-F and the LF-A.

I've taken a deposit on one, thats how confident I am that its coming. It's awesome.

Mcuk23

Comparing the 460 to the IS-F is just wrong :P

Look at the 350, it seems to be a bit faster 0-60 than the official figures from Lexus.

I think you'll find F division will come to the UK, all Lexus Dealer Principals were shown the car in Portugal last year and all sales and aftersales staff were shown video of 'whats coming' which included the IS-F and the LF-A.

I've taken a deposit on one, thats how confident I am that its coming. It's awesome.

Mcuk23

I agree the CAR is coming, but I dont think it will be produced here.

i think its an awesome lookin thing,and cant wait to test drive,although i dont think audi/bmw will be taken over by Lexus in the performance dept.The new M3 will have 430/440hp and is designed to cane the latest rs4 ofcourse.The new m3 is available from sep/oct this year and ofcourse a new audi will be launched to cane that.i think the is-f is a great idea,but unless it can hands down beat the new rs4,it wont even be worth producing,if their intention is to steal audi customers.the new rs4 has seen plently of traded in m3s on its behalf because the car completely rubbished the e46 m3 and so therefore it is likely that if you drive a new rs4,you were once in an m3.i dont feel many is-f drivers will be coming from previous performance cars(bmw customers normally only look at audi or porsche as alternatives).also i cant wait to hear the isf,its gonna be intoxicating.I will defo be intersted in it,but dont think it will grab everyones attention.