Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice/opinions Please

Billy

Im just about to sign on the dotted for a new 300Sportcross, just keen to findout if there is anything I should know before I part with my hard earned.

Any feedback is welcome, its going to be thrashed and do a boat load of miles so if anyone has any positive or negative view about the car, I'd rather know now than after I cough up the best part of 30K

Hi Billy

It's a great car. I have an IS300 saloon, and there are very few things I can criticise about it.

PROS

- It looks fantastic

- Lexus' new DVD sat nav system is excellent (if a little more fiddly to use than the old one)

- The gearbox is very smooth (once warm)

- The engine is blissfully quiet, and has more than enough power

- It's remarkably fuel efficient (it's not great, but no worse than the 200 much of the time)

- The e-shift thing is actually useful (notably when overtaking, joining motorways etc)

- There are just so many toys on this thing, it's untrue

- It's relatively cheap to insure

- Lexus service is amongst the best around

- I think the sportcross gets an additional speaker (a sub?) over the saloon

- The sportcross has folding rear seats

CONS

- You won't get as much carpark kudos from those "not in the know"

- The interior isn't as luxurious as the GS series, or as well put together

NOTES

- If you're buying Satnav, it's worth persuading the dealer that you aren't happy with a 2001 disc, and expect a free upgrade when they come out

- If you aren't buying Satnav, get it. It's so worth it.

Let us know how you get on!

Regards,

Alistair

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links