Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Altezza Info

Hi one and all, working for Toyota I have owned most models. The best by far was a fully modded, caged Supra TT. I am now looking at buying a lexus is/rs 200, but I have been told of a TDR Limited edition Altezza. Can Anyone offer any info, pics or links on this model,ie it has TDR suspension, bodykit and badges but what else? Is the engine modded? What gearbox options? are the brakes, trim etc different?

How do I tell the difference between a genuine or a copy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the duplicat posting, when posted it came up as `page expired` so i thought all was lost, hence the relisting.

sorry cant help as never heard of TDR or TDR suspension.

Think you may have been mis-informed.

If you mean TRD I think they only do parts, have built some themselves, but from what I've been told they are only race cars.

Sorry I ment TRD, I have the chance of buying one for £7000 on the road.

Hi one and all, I have been told of a TRD Limited edition Altezza for sale. Can Anyone offer any info, pics or links on this model,ie it has TRD suspension, bodykit and badges but what else? Is the engine modded? What gearbox options? are the brakes, trim etc different?

How do I tell the difference between a genuine or a copy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No, it`s a P/X I know of but cheers, The one on eBay dosen't look like anything special, I was expecting an all singing all dancing car. I spoke to him and it has a 2L 6cly engine not a beams, 4speed auto box (not triptronic) plain cloth trim. Are they really anything special or is a beams engine, 5speed triptronic rs200 a better chose do you think as I would like a grey car with 1/2 leater seats.

Cheers

Before i bought my car i was a looking at a "TRD" altezza, well thats what the dealer called it :blush: .... i now know it was just a regular RS200 with a load of TRD branded extras bought and put on by the previous owner in Japan ... ;)

No, it`s a P/X I know of but cheers, The one on ebay dosen't look like anything special, I was expecting an all singing all dancing car. I spoke to him and it has a 2L 6cly engine not a beams, 4speed auto box (not triptronic) plain cloth trim. Are they really anything special or is a beams engine, 5speed triptronic rs200 a better chose do you think as I would like a grey car with 1/2 leater seats.

Cheers

If you're not buying the 210bhp RS200 and instead the 153bhp 6cyl version, why not just get a UK Lexus IS200 instead of the Altezza - would be much more straightforward and you'll have plenty to choose from :)

How old is the one you're looking at? I would have thought £7k could get you a 2000/2001 SE (possibly even 2002 if you're lucky) which will have the half leather and all the other bits you might want

For all the genuine replys thank you.

The Toyota TRD Altezza does exist as a homologated version of the race car, TThanks for your help, maybe because it is a 'Toyota' you have no idea it exists.

There is no such thing as a HKS is 200, the TRD Altezza IS built buy TRD!

A beams with triptronic with TRD subframes, anti-bars, tein coll overs and AP or brembo brakes is the way to go though as the TDR Altezza is getting a bit old in the tooth, so firsyt step in my quest is a grey rs 200 with triptronic and 1/2 leather.

I draw this question to an end

Thanks again

The only thing I can think of that you mean is the Qualitat version of the Altezza, that came with a few changes to the car that the standard RS200 did not have, can't remember exactly what though, think it was gold wheels and red interior on the steering wheel etc, not sure of the other changes

For all the genuine replys thank you.

The Toyota TRD Altezza does exist as a homologated version of the race car, TThanks for your help, maybe because it is a 'Toyota' you have no idea it exists.

There is no such thing as a HKS is 200, the TRD Altezza IS built buy TRD!

A beams with triptronic with TRD subframes, anti-bars, tein coll overs and AP or Brembo brakes is the way to go though as the TDR Altezza is getting a bit old in the tooth, so firsyt step in my quest is a grey rs 200 with triptronic and 1/2 leather.

I draw this question to an end

Thanks again

i can assure you ....that there was no, road going homologated Altezza built by TRD...for use on the public road

all the TRD parts can be purchased from TRD but only in Japan...FACT

some of the parts were never released for sale for the road going cars, if you want i can list all the parts available, dicontinued, and the parts that were never released for sale to the public.

• 12 years later...
On 1/14/2007 at 8:28 PM, Monster-Mat said:

i can assure you ....that there was no, road going homologated Altezza built by TRD...for use on the public road

all the TRD parts can be purchased from TRD but only in Japan...FACT

some of the parts were never released for sale for the road going cars, if you want i can list all the parts available, dicontinued, and the parts that were never released for sale to the public.

But I own a TRD jap import the only altezza  bigger than mine is the 500bhp track car I was looking around for jap machanic and I see a question about and altezza on a lexus page and wish people would realise by now a rubbish is200 is just a imitation of the its bigger bro never fit lexus parts just cos they fit and made by the same company does not mean they fit I have a beams engine and I laugh when a garage says nice lexus...... Its a Toyota my mechanic had moved abroad so I'm hunting a guru for my baby