Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

'aux' Connection For Mp3 Player On Is220d

Apologies in advance if this topic has already been covered, but I have searched this site and not been able to find an answer.

I am due to get my new IS220d (hopefully during February) but I wanted to know in advance what sort of cable I would need to connect an MP3 player (I have an ARCHOS Gmini 400) to the AUX scoket that the car is fitted with.

I have a few MP3 CD's ready just in case, but wanted to be able to use my MP3 player as well, as soon as the car arrives.

Any help from those already in the know would be much appreciated . . . (lots of the motoring questions have already been answered in advance for me, but hopefully there are a few audiophiles out there as well?)

I haven't actually used mine, but it looks like a standard 3.5mm mini jack......the same connection that headphones use.

So you need a cable with a standard headphone connection on one end, and whatever headphone connection fits your mp3 player (probably a standard one too) on the other end.

I haven't actually used mine, but it looks like a standard 3.5mm mini jack......the same connection that headphones use.

So you need a cable with a standard headphone connection on one end, and whatever headphone connection fits your mp3 player (probably a standard one too) on the other end.

I think I might already have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that came with something else - cheers!

I think I might already have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable that came with something else - cheers!

One other thing to consider is the power source. There is very little clearance between the outlet and the top of the lid of the middle armrest. Ideally you need an adapter that comes out at 90degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

its just a standard 3.5mm jack as you would use for headphones, i plug in my sat-nav so it comes through the speakers.

I've just chanced upon this one (with L-shaped connectors at either end)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ziplinq-Retractabl...1952717-3100752

Presumably this would do the job?

From my understanding it is only the power source that needs to be L shaped.