Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey Hey!

lightwave

Hi all,

Where to begin? I'm Alasdair (Al, if you prefer) and I'm a Toyotaholic. I guess it all started with my second car which was a Honda Civic VTi :tomato: for which I had lots of modding plans which never came to much. After 12 months I started looking at Supra TTs and found the insurance for one was the same as the VTi... so who wouldn't switch?

I owned my Supra for a couple of years until I wrote it off mid 2005. How I wish I'd bought the RLTC.

Anyway, I've been sans car for 18 months now and I'm looking for my next project. I'm getting married this May, so when the cost of the wedding and the honeymoon are out of the way I'll be saving to hopefully get a car next winter.

So... my thoughts on cars. I might have another Supra TT because I love the car, I know the car and it's not very expensive to buy. But then I'm not sure how but I tripped across LOC and thought about an IS with a Supra TT engine swap. My next thought was an IS300 with a supercharger or turbocharger.

That's where I'm at right now - reading and researching. I'm patient and I like to know everything about everything before I commit to something. My fiance expressed an interest in the Lexus engine swap idea because the IS is a much more practical car than a Supra - and nicer inside. So at least I have her support.

I expect the rest of these points will be discussed in length in the forum in the coming months (rather than here, now) but I'm still exploring my options and I'll have questions, so here I am.

Looking forward to picking your brains and sharing with the community. That's something I miss now I don't have my Supra is the community spirit from mkivsupra.net, but if I get the Lexus with the engine swap then I'll belong to both communities again! :)

Ok, any questions? :D

Welcome to LOC :D

Like it says above a couple of guys here have transplanted the 2JZ-GTE into the IS, a lot of work there though, a guy on here called Mr Morse is just having a supercharger kit fitted to his IS300 with the stock 2JZ-GE engine, so you might want to keep an eye on that one, the conversion is being done by a company called Prolex-UK down London way.

The only other heavily modified 2JZ-GE IS300 I know of that was heavily modified belongs to a guy called Fargo (Paul) on here, that had Nitrous fitted as well to give it a nice little boost here and there!

You could even always save yourself time and money and just get an Aristo V300 like mine, comes as standard with the 2JZ-GTE VVTi straight from the MK4 Supe, you get the best of both worlds, the power and also the practicality of a larger car :)

It's always food for thought and you can pick up an Aristo for a lot less than it'll cost you to convert an IS300, and with that just use the money on sorting out the suspension on the Aristo to make it handle better :)