Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Info On Supercharging Auto Is200

Hi, i have recently bought a 52 plate is200 A/T with 17K on the clock as a 2nd car. I am looking to supercharge it as it already has a Altezza - 1 off customised body kit and looks very MEAN. So to finish off and make it even more of a BEAST i want to supercharge it. I have considered a GREDDY turbo conversion but dont think its available for auto besides i want to keep the engine bay looking standard and retain some of the plastic covers in place.

So, i need to know whether an auto can be s/charged, the good and bad points, what sort of power gains are to be expected and any other info/advice you may feel relevant to this topic.

This topic has probably been covered before but i cant seem to find anything

Thanks for any feedback.

Hi, i have recently bought a 52 plate is200 A/T with 17K on the clock as a 2nd car. I am looking to supercharge it as it already has a Altezza - 1 off customised body kit and looks very MEAN. So to finish off and make it even more of a BEAST i want to supercharge it. I have considered a GREDDY turbo conversion but dont think its available for auto besides i want to keep the engine bay looking standard and retain some of the plastic covers in place.

So, i need to know whether an auto can be s/charged, the good and bad points, what sort of power gains are to be expected and any other info/advice you may feel relevant to this topic.

This topic has probably been covered before but i cant seem to find anything

Thanks for any feedback.

What car you got IS200 or RS200 as they are not the same car :winky:

its a is200 not rs200, i had a rs200 before - but swapped it for a rx8 and now bought another is200. how much did u pay for the s/c fitted and where from? whats the gear changing like with the auto box? some people say u loose air con if u s/c, is this right?

no you dont loose aircon at all - who ever told you that has no idea about the TTE kit in that case.

its a DIY job if you want, you can fit it in about 6-7 hours on your own but people who have done it before have it down to about 4-5 hours.

the kit last time i looked was about 3K ish fitted - check out prolex uk or tdi as they will gladly help you

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links