Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Throttle Response Modification

This still work on S/C IS's Dave?

i can only assume that due recent events on here, dave is not willing to mention too much as it might involve a certain company :shutit: suppose if people want to know what how etc they will contact him directly.

At a guess it would be an electronic mod.

There is a throttle cable fitted as standard but only as a back up. When you disconnect the fly by wire motor the EM light comes on as well as the TRC light and the car doesn't run correctly at all. Reason being that all the idle control etc etc is all incorporated in the throttle control motor. If it is disconnected the ECU doesn't know what position the throttle is at so doesn't know what fuel etc to flow, and hence the car becomes very lumpy and hesitant and is very difficult and unsafe to drive. Infact nearly impossible to drive.

For this reason the throttle control motor must stay connected so this mod that Dave says exists would have to be electronic. Somthing to sharpen the reaction of the throttle motor or even to bring it into "real time operation"......

I had this problem when I turbo'd the IS as the Autronic ECU doesn't work with electronic throttle control. As I had a standalone ECU we were able to do away with the ETC and just use the throttle cable which meant no delay in throttle!!!

JUN flywheel

What is the difference then between a standard one and a lightened fly wheel? Also, are these easily fitted? Seems a cheapish mod to do...

not cheap mate gearbox of clutch of there is your fly wheel

camcon probably alot better for a cheaper mod

JUN flywheel

What is the difference then between a standard one and a lightened fly wheel? Also, are these easily fitted? Seems a cheapish mod to do...

not cheap mate gearbox of clutch of there is your fly wheel

camcon probably alot better for a cheaper mod

Fly wheel is only £350 ish.....I know a camcon is less than that....but with getting it mapped.....im sure id be looking at nearer £450-500.....or would I be wrong?

Cheers.

probably mate but how much would labour be on removing gearbox ??

then while it is apart there is no point putting a lightened fly wheel on

without putting a decent clutch to help grip it and put the power down

so helix organic about £250 to £350 plus flywheel plus labour

and the camcon will feel alot more powerfull on a mildly modded lex then a flywheel

thats my opinion there is thousands of routes but scarface's lex mildy modded with camcon felt realy nice quite a difference

Ok, I did say coreect me if im wrong! :lol:

Heres another question then.....camcon or ss manifold? I know the manifold will be slightly more, but whats best the mod outta the two for the buck?