Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

TTE IS430 Compressor

Richie

The IS430 Kompressor gets a mention in this weeks Autocar. It uses a supercharged version of the 4.3 V8 from the LS/GS and they quote 395bhp. Should be, er, adequate ;)

They also mention a "new" supercharger kit for the IS200 (with 201bhp). Don't know what the difference is, if any, between this and the "old" TTE kit.

Anybody know?

the "new" supercharger is the one i have fitted,it was originally 205 bhp,this was so the kit could be certified by German TUV,however since then TTE have done some "tweeking" to the kit so it now puts out approx 215/220 bhp,

however the "new" supercharger could actually be a "de-rated" supercharger for more reliability,as the kit is soon to be released as an option on German IS200:mad:

I wish I could get a TTE compressor too. I am still waiting for my fully loaded 2002 IS200, I will get the car in January, then I'll find a way to get the compressor asap.

Do you think the TTE compressor works fine in Winter (here in cold cold scandinavia)? Like starting the motor @ -20 degrees.