Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Sat Nav Dvd Updates

This website:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

appears to be a genuine Lexus site based in Belgium offering map updates cheaper than UK Lexus dealers.

I input details of my old RX300 disc (08664-50860) and it came back with part number PZ485-L00EU-06 as the latest update at a cost of €159.00 inc p&p, roughly £106. My local Lexus dealer quoted part number PZ445-LO3EU-06 (Version 1 2006-2007 for TNS310 and TNS300 systems) as being the latest at a cost £147.49. (Incidentally, last year the dealer quoted £261.45 for the update.)

I don't understand the numbering system on the discs so I'm not sure if the UK dealer's one is a later version or whether one of the part numbers is wrong or what. Can anyone explain the numbering system? Has anyone purchased a disc through the European site? I'm suspicious as to why Lexus Europe would bypass the national dealer networks and sell discs cheaper. Also, the website says that if you have a problem with the disc you receive you should contact your local dealer. I can just imagine their joy at having to solve a problem on a disc that they did not supply!

This website:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

appears to be a genuine Lexus site based in Belgium offering map updates cheaper than UK Lexus dealers.

I input details of my old RX300 disc (08664-50860) and it came back with part number PZ485-L00EU-06 as the latest update at a cost of €159.00 inc p&p, roughly £106. My local Lexus dealer quoted part number PZ445-LO3EU-06 (Version 1 2006-2007 for TNS310 and TNS300 systems) as being the latest at a cost £147.49. (Incidentally, last year the dealer quoted £261.45 for the update.)

I don't understand the numbering system on the discs so I'm not sure if the UK dealer's one is a later version or whether one of the part numbers is wrong or what. Can anyone explain the numbering system? Has anyone purchased a disc through the European site? I'm suspicious as to why Lexus Europe would bypass the national dealer networks and sell discs cheaper. Also, the website says that if you have a problem with the disc you receive you should contact your local dealer. I can just imagine their joy at having to solve a problem on a disc that they did not supply!

lexus-mapupdates.eu is an official site from lexus/toyota europe so it is ok to order there.

there is only one thing you should know. lexus latest europe map update is called "2006-2007". infact this update is based on Navteq 2005 data.

the big difference between Navteq 2005 and the latest 2007 version is map coverage of east europe (poland, tschech and slovak republic) so it may not be very importand for you.

map updates, based on the 2007 navteq data, for example from BMW are sold from 300,- to 400,-EUR, so are much more expensiv then the Lexus update.

PZ485-L00EU-06

The part number is decoded as follows:

PZ485 is some kind of identifier.

L00 - means you have a 2000 generation SatNav system in your car, meaning it is a 2000-2001 reg at a guess. The L indicates that you want the Lexus packaging, not toyota (which would be T) although the discs are interchangable.

EU - means a European disc

06 - means a 2006-07 version disc.

My IS200 is a 2003 reg, but has a 2001 generation satnav system in it, so the part number is the same except the 00 is changed to 01. There are 4 different DVD satnav generations: 00, 01, 03 & 05. Some discs can be used on both 03 & 05 systems, but generally you need a DVD that is specific to your generation.

Cheers

Phil

I'm thinking about ordering a new disc from there also but I've been given conflicting info from my dealer -

My current disc is a 86271-60v542A (86271-64012) which the dealer has quoted £550+vat to replace with the same part (the 2004/5 disk??). The dealer also quoted £147 for a PZ445-L03EU-06 but didn't know the difference between the two.

lexus-mapupdates.eu quoted me as needing the (different) PZ485-L03EU-06 but I'm a tad nervous about ordering just in case things go wrong somehow.

It would be interesting to know the full numbers on the front of anyone's 2006/7 disk for a 2005 model car

Thanks

Steve

I'm thinking about ordering a new disc from there also but I've been given conflicting info from my dealer -

My current disc is a 86271-60v542A (86271-64012) which the dealer has quoted £550+vat to replace with the same part (the 2004/5 disk??). The dealer also quoted £147 for a PZ445-L03EU-06 but didn't know the difference between the two.

lexus-mapupdates.eu quoted me as needing the (different) PZ485-L03EU-06 but I'm a tad nervous about ordering just in case things go wrong somehow.

It would be interesting to know the full numbers on the front of anyone's 2006/7 disk for a 2005 model car

Thanks

Steve

I ordered my disc on Monday and it arrived Wednesday morning by DHL. Impressive service. The mapping info on the disc is much better than my old disc (admittedly it was 5 years old!) and it now correctly calculates a couple of routes which previously caused problems. It even has my own address on it at last which no other satnav system I've tried has had. (There are only 2 houses on my 'road' and our postcode is unique to the 2 houses).

Anyway, to address your point: my dealer gave me the wrong information about which disc I needed. It was in the form of a printout and was supposedly based upon him inputting my registration number. My original disc had the numbers 08664-50860 and 86271-70V290. The printout said the latest disc was PZ445-L03EU-06 (Version 1 2006-2007 for TNS310 and TNS300 systems) at a cost £147.49 inc VAT. It also said that the previous version was 08927-50883 Lexus DVD Europe 03 & 05, costing £261.45 inc VAT. The map updates site said I needed 08664-50860, PZ485-L00EU-06 at 159.00€ inc p&p. This is the one I ordered and it works perfectly so I'm sure the dealer was wrong.

Also, the map updates site says that if you have any problems with the disc you order you can take it to your local dealer to resolve the problem. So I reckoned that if the map site did specify the wrong disc then so long as I'd input the correct info, my local dealer would sort it. Happily, this wasn't necessary.

Hope this helps.

• 6 years later...

I have a 55 Reg Rx400h SE-L

Genuine Lexus disc 2014 version on eBay

Found a German supplier for DVD E17 2013/2014, west europe

PZ445-X03EU-0E

£70.99 inc postage

There are other German suppliers around the £66-70+ 'joesoe' is one with 100% feedback

On booting the new disc I found I could now use the nav system while moving. :)

Well... I have taken the plunge! - Is it just a matter of ejecting the DVD and replacing with the new one, or are there additional steps to follow to make it work?

I just removed the old DVD, popped the new one in and by the time I had got back to the front the thing had booted up. As I moved down the drive I could input data because there were no greyed

out areas..... unlike with the old DVD.....

I need to update mine is 2005 gen 3. Want to make sure it is correct so updated phone interface and change of nav whilst on thevmove etc. Came accross this however for £39. Anyone tried it or should it be given a wide berth. Must say circa £150 for originals does seem expensive.

Heres the link

http://www.satnavi.com/lexus.php

Look forward to any comments

Chris

Mine is Gen3 and the link I gave earlier # 10 turned my Sat Nav from stationary only inputs to on the go ones.

I had previously bought the £39.00 one but it doesn't upgrade the system - at least my one didn't....

Could it be that the cheaper version contains map updates only, as opposed to map updates + software updates?

I think you are probably correct. It is unlikely that those cheap discs are genuine OEM and just contain map data. Putting on the Aisin/Toyota firmware to the disc would open them up for prosecution due to copyright and licensing agreement violations.

Dan, the disc you bought is a Genuine one! And as such contains the same data that the UK dealers are selling.

Not every map update comes with firmware update.

But i don't know why the title of the topic is cheap updates. You bought just one disc (west) for 71 GBP. The four discs set bought from Lexus directly (link in the first post) is 147 GBP. Plus you would receive booklet with manual.

Most of those german sellers are buying the 4disc set, keep the Central (containing Germany) and sell the rest for more than the original purchase.

I have the same disc. Works on the fly now. Rather buy the one disc I need than spend 2.5 times the price for the 4 disc set, 3 of which I will probably never use...... :hocus-pokus:

Dan, the disc you bought is a Genuine one! And as such contains the same data that the UK dealers are selling.

Not every map update comes with firmware update.

I think Dan was referring to a previous post and not implying that the disc he purchased was a cheap one.

All genuine discs should have firmware files on them. The firmware may not change from one disc to another and therefore you won't always get an upgrade but it is there. This allows owners to always move to the latest disc and be up to date without having to do intermediate updates.

Thanks Brian and Dan have just ordered from Germany as advised there dont seem to be many left now.

The Nav system seems good and whilst better than the BMW unit in my Rover the fact that niether you or the passenger can do anything with it whilst on the move is a nightmare.Hope the new disc helps with the phone as well as this is driving me nuts as well. My old Parrot MK9200i was brilliant and would be tempted just to fit one but I am concerned it may interfere with what seems to be one of the most computerised cars ever built. Am missing my itunes match though so this is my next mission to do am ipod/iphone integration for my music.

It's good fun fettleing a new motor isn't it.

Chris

No, the phone inputs grey out when on the move as before. I haven't yet tried Siri on my Iphone [bluetooth connection to Lexus system] but

that would be my next 'task'. New disc update still tries to put me onto my local A31 [Hog's Back] via a No Entry road! :)

Yet to find a sat nav that didn't have its own idea's where things are but have found them usefull.

PS take it unit is in the boot somewhere havn't got that far . Do you just press an eject button and put the new disc in and wait for it to re-boot

Chris

Standing at the back and opening lids the unit is tucked away on the right with a little sliding latch/dust cover which opens to reveal a button which when pressed presents the old DVD. Replace and recover and by time you get to the front it will have rebooted. You need the key in and some power on for everything to work......

post-45174-0-97888100-1373099228_thumb.p

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links