Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Sat Nav Dvd Updates

I must say that it's nice when some members take the time and bother to take and post pictures to help others out.

All of you - you know who you are - thank you

:phone:

Problem

New disc arrived today from Germany looks genuine.

So took off access panel and turned ignition to acc so power and pressed the only black button on the unit.

Nil Nothing Zilch so turned ignition key to second stage and tried again.

Still nothing.

Any advice please am I missing some trick here or do I have a problem with the unit. Unit seems to work with 2005 disc in just cant get it out.

Ideas/advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Gentlemen I thank you

Simple's. when you know how isn't it.

Disk in and re-booted and I have gone from 2004-5 to 2013-14 and the German disc is almost certainly genuine.

Really appreciate the quick reply as I had limited time this weekend to do this.

Have a good weekend.

Chris

Have you noticed (or do you know of) any other changes to the actual sat-nav software with the upgrade, apart from the ability to use it on the move?

In particular, does it still have the option to set your speed on different road types?

I fancy upgrading but I really like that feature and don't want to lose it, which happened once when I upgraded another sat-nav I used to have.

"In particular, does it still have the option to set your speed on different road types?"

Works on mine.... :D

....and that's the latest (2013/2014) version, yes?

No change that I can see with one possible exception. I approached a multi-lane roundabout last week and noticed a little box at the top of the screen showing the various lanes, with the one I was expected to follow highlighted in green. I had never seen this before and I have not seen it since for any other roundabout/junction. On the other hand, it was along a route I had never previously used, so I cannot say that this little box would not have appeared with the previous software version.

• 1 month later...

I need to update mine is 2005 gen 3. Want to make sure it is correct so updated phone interface and change of nav whilst on thevmove etc. Came accross this however for £39. Anyone tried it or should it be given a wide berth. Must say circa £150 for originals does seem expensive.

Heres the link

http://www.satnavi.com/lexus.php

Look forward to any comments

Chris

In case anyone is interested, I took the plunge and ordered from the above - AVOID!!

The disc loads and works but it is not the official product and although it shows a 2014 date for the maps, you don't get the functionality to allow use of the sat-nav on the move. Even worse, you lose the zoom in and out functionailty of the maps, which is surprisingly annoying.

I'm in the process of trying to get a refund - wish me luck...

I got a back up service and was very pleased with my disc ..... Apparently I have the originals .......

From my satnav update for £36 inc postage and now have 2013-14 disc installed with all the features mentioned cjhybrids post

the thing is,

I'm looking at doing a possible business expense as i can sort of slip it through as i travel a lot in Europe etc.. (cant really say Lexus on bank statement) that way i can just right of the full package.

otherwise ill just buy from my own pocket on fleebay from Germany.

just ordered from Lexus maps approx £120.00 all in.

When i sell/ trade up in a couple of years ill stick the old 2007 disc back in and sell the set. get my use out of it and be able to sell the full set easy.

just needed to get it sorted and no messing about.

Also just if anyone wanted to know: the official company is "Tweddle Litho of Europe"

they do a majority of tech apps for the motor industry.

just another bit of company software :driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links