Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is Owner

Gareth

Hi,

My name's Gareth, I'm 24 and I work as computer programmer in Surrey.

I ordered a new IS 220d SE-L in argento ice with grey sussex leather and multimedia on Saturday.

It's got a 6 week wait on it, so it'll be one of the first 07 plates.

My current car is an 03 Alfa Romeo 156 GTA*

My love affair with Lexus didn't start too long ago, when I test drove the GS 450h.

I absolutely loved it, and found the gearbox much better than I expected.

I think the press concentrated on the fact it can be a bit whiney, and completely forgot to mention what an incredible difference the cvt makes to the car.

Unfortunately I couldn't justify the price of it yet, so I stuck with my current car.

The 3.2 v6 gta got me into a bit of trouble though, since it's a bit too inticing to put your foot down in it.

I got caught speeding and got a notice of intended prosecution.

Since I'm only 24, 6 points on my license has a drastic affect on my insurance premium, so I started looking at Lexus again, this time for something a bit cheaper to buy, and cheaper on insurance and fuel.

I found the new IS to be a beautiful car (I was never really taken with the old design, personally), with just as many toys as the GS had if you opt for the SE-L.

Toys are really what I miss in the GTA. It handles brilliantly, and performs well too, but I miss all the toys.

So after a bit of consideration I decided I could give up the performance and settle down with a lot more luxurious car.

I had a really hard time choosing between the sport and the SE-L.

The sport was a bit cheaper on finance, because of the better residual value (popularity), but I couldn't get around the fact that the SE-L, with the wood trim and the leather, just looked so much better inside.

Since I was giving up so much in performance and handling anyway, I figured I wouldn't mind going a tiny step lower down too, for a bit more comfort.

The celensia just didn't do it for me, silly as that might seem.

I've been a performance car owner for about 5 years now, so it's strange to not be thinking quite so much that way right now ( Caught sight of the IS-F today for the first time... maybe I'll be lured back to the pure petrol side in 2008... ).

Anyway, the choice between models was nearly as hard as the choice of colours.

The Cadoxton slate was really very nice, and I loved the cream leather interior.

The downside to both of them was the same though - they showed wear very easilly.

I went for Argento Ice and grey leather because the silver (which my gta is) hides scratches, nicks and waterspots very well, and the black carpet hides foot dirt, while the grey leather still provides a contrast.

I was really tempted by the beige leather though... the beige carpet by your feet makes it feel like your inside.

Anyway - just thought I'd introduce myself.

I doubt I'll have anywhere near as much to say as I have had with other cars I've had - The lexus should be much more reliable, and there's nothing I think I'll want to change.

I look forward to hearing experiences and meeting you all!

* For sale if anyone wants a performance car, 22k miles, 2 owners, FSH, £14k ono

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links