Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can I Reject The Car Now?

PQuist

bought the car used from a main dealer with 13K on the clock. Gone in three times since October 06 for rattle fixes. Car still rattles. Is this a valid reason to reject the car considering this dealer has had 3 chances to fix the car?

In that case where do I start from? Anyone here done it before?

bought the car used from a main dealer with 13K on the clock. Gone in three times since October 06 for rattle fixes. Car still rattles. Is this a valid reason to reject the car considering this dealer has had 3 chances to fix the car?

I know how you feel.....where do I start....I tried harder than most on my Brand New IS220d....

....and failed. I even had some dubious promises which never materialised, and LGB would not budge. Tried Trading Standards and a few lawyers. They all suggested that I just let them fix it...

Rattles unfortunately are not serious defects, and the product (whether it's a car or not) has to do what it is intended to do. So, if your car does not drive correctly, etc, you have a chance, but again only after the dealer/manufacturer has had fair chance to fix it. Apparently that is what the warranty is for - that's what I was told, rather patronisingly.

But for rattles - naahhh!

Cars are registered to owners, and as such depreciate heavily. Therefore it would take Customer Satisfaction beyond Lexus's for any dealer to take the hit - 'cos I was told it was the dealer who would take that hit - not the manufacturer. And the dealer only knows how to make money, not how to lose any.

I know one or two people in the IS forum have successfully rejected cars, but I thought I tried very hard and failed... :crying::crybaby:

Good Luck!

PS - with Lexus, I was told it was 2 attempts for a fault at the dealer, then Lexus Technical Services get involved. Have they? I am assuming your car is still under manufacturers warranty and that there is no case for it being VoID (i.s. Satnav mods, IPOD kits etc)????

Yes you can - Check out my story with a GS 430 :

Rejecting a car

Good luck!!!

So it does come to down to the dealer. I wish I'd gone to Bracknell. Your GS430 was probably worth a lot less by the time they reversed the deal. You very lucky person...

At least your GS doesn't have a piece of foam stopping it from rattling like my IS...

Leicester Lexus - hope you're watching this - this is what Customer Satisfaction is all about!

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride - story of my life :lol:

the car should be

.as described

.of satisfactory quality

.fit for the purpose

if it's not, then you can reject it, but to reject a car, it must be within a reasonable amount of time. however, it is a used vehicle, and you have also allowed 3 seperate repairs on it, so you are probably a bit late, ultimately it is up to the dealership if they will allow a rejection, if you do insist on rejecting the car, and the dealer refuses, then it will have to go to court, and you must cease using the vehicle at the time of rejection and not use it until the situation is resolved......so it is as described, it is fit for purpose, is it of satisfactory quality for a used motor? good luck.

I have just had a call from the manager at the dealership. Apparently, they have another car there with a similar problem. A technician from Japan is road testings it and based on his findings, he will call me tomorrow so that we take things from there. In the meantime, the car is parked on my drive way not being used. I use my wife's peugeot which does not rattle and a third of the price of the Lexus

Dear Mr Quist

I would like to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, so I propose that we exchange your vehicle as you have requested.

We need to discuss the detail so I can begin searching for a suitable replacement. My aim is to provide you with a vehicle as close as possible to your existing GS300 SE with respect to specification, age and miles.

Are you happy with your current colour combination, if not please let me know. Perhaps you can give me a call to discuss this matter further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards Paul Meller

Sent: 25 January 2007 13:09

To: spammers@stillsuck.com

Cc: spammers@getlost.com

Subject: * * * LEXUS GS 300 REG GV55 KVH * * *

Background:

On 28.10.06, I purchased a Lexus GS300 registration GV55KVH from Lexus Croydon. Haven driven the car for a week or so, I heard some rattles coming from the front passenger A Pillar, centre of the dash board and the drivers side A pillar. I reported the rattle problem back to the dealership and the car was taken in for the problem to be fixed. The whole of the dash board was taken out and the necessary works carried out.

As I picked the car up following a telephone call that the works had been completed, I could still hear the rattles as I drove away from the dealership. I immediately reported the fault since it is intermittent. I arrange and left the car overnight with the dealership to try and ascertain where the rattles came from.

On collection, I was informed that no noise could be heard even thought I could he ar it. The dealership arranged for a technician to come out with me on a test drive.

Fortunately, the rattles were heard during the test drive and the car was booked in for the repairs to be carried out.

The car was picked up at my home address on Monday 15.01.06 and returned on Thursday 19.01.06. As drove to Slough on Saturday 20.01.06, to my horror and dismay, the rattles could still be heard intermittently.

Hence the problem has not been fixed

Issue:

I purchased the car based on the basis that Lexus pride themselves in quietness, reliability, durability and pursues perfection. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The car

• creaks in the centre console

• creaks on the front passenger door panels

• rattle / knock from passenger door/windo w/a frame

• rattle from deep inside centre dash

I am very disappointed with the quality of this particular Lexus GS and it has come to the point where ENOUGH is ENOUGH. The car is

• not as described

• not of satisfactory quality

• not fit for the purpose

Solution:

It is therefore my intention to reject the car considering that two attempts have been made to fix the rattles all to no avail. I have a serious concern about the future when the warranty runs out. The rattles could be costly to fix and one of the main considerations for the purchase of the car is durability in this case which it is not.

Alternatively, the car is to be replaced with the same or a similar model.

Philip Quist

Glad it sounds like everything is going to be sorted out here :)

Going totally offtopic though, it'll be worth your while removing the email addresses from the post a few above this one otherwise it will be harvested and your spam levels will start to go through the roof, that's if they haven't already!

Nice result.

Mine is currently in for the 4th attempt to get it sorted.

I really don't hold out much hope, the loan car when I first got it when new was silient, but after just over 1000 miles it's actually worse than mine!

Nice result.

Mine is currently in for the 4th attempt to get it sorted.

I really don't hold out much hope, the loan car when I first got it when new was silient, but after just over 1000 miles it's actually worse than mine!

Yep that is the story even if they start out OK I a driven quite a few low milers all have rattles or squeeky seats etc

alan

I've driven more than ten Lexus of different model except the LS, they all have rattles, some very little or intermittent. Therefore I believe those who said their Lexus is rattle free is either they are lying, don't want to accept the truth, don't pay attention to rattle or don't listen hard enough for noise within their Lexus. To conclude, Lexus is best at almost everything including reliability, satefy, security, style, luxurious, ergonomics, services, value for money etc. But you must accept rattle if you want a Lexus.

I've driven more than ten Lexus of different model except the LS, they all have rattles, some very little or intermittent. Therefore I believe those who said their Lexus is rattle free is either they are lying, don't want to accept the truth, don't pay attention to rattle or don't listen hard enough for noise within their Lexus. To conclude, Lexus is best at almost everything including reliability, satefy, security, style, luxurious, ergonomics, services, value for money etc. But you must accept rattle if you want a Lexus.

Well, I'm more than happy to contradict you..mine doesn't rattle at all :D ..either of them...and I'm neither a liar, disillusioned, inattentive or deaf :D so stop talking through your rear orifice :ban-em:

Are we talking about the old Lexus models too? Cos they sure don't rattle, mine has been totally rattle free since I bought it (except when the sunroof cable came loose in the roof but that was quickly sorted)

Even with the IS250, I've had 2 as courtesy cars, both for a week at a time, and both with about 4-5000 miles on the clock, and they've both been whisper quiet, so I'd have to say I don't agree either

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links