Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Security?

Tezzy

So what does the Altezza actually come with as standard, security wise?

I presume it has some sort of immobilisor, what about an alarm? Mine gives a little beep when you lock the doors and 2 beeps when opening is this the alarm? I've tried testing it by rocking the car and thumping the windows but nothing. ;)

If there is an alarm is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity?

you could try arming the alarm and unlocking the door with the key, not the fob, or locking up the car with the window open and waiting 30 seconds for the internal sensors to arm. then stick your arm in and wave it around. should set it off

Standard Tezza has no immobiliser I have checked and there is nothing inside the key. AFAIK there is no alarm either so you need to get an after market system installed that can do both.

Standard Tezza has no immobiliser I have checked and there is nothing inside the key. AFAIK there is no alarm either so you need to get an after market system installed that can do both.

Yep no alarm or immobiliser on altezzas just central locking. Got an alright alarm + immobiliser fitted for 300 Euro. You can get cliffords from about 450 euro i think, but anyone i know that has one has had problems of some form with it

Hows things mate in my opinion the falcon evo 4+ is a brill alarm .it has remote start immobiliser proximity sensor i could be here all day listing what it has .The base model is 250yoyos not fitted but i went for a few extras,such as the poximity sensor which puts a shield around the car and if u enter that shield twie in 30 sec the alarm will go off. :D Oh ya its a pager too so if your within 1000meters of the car it will page u if it goes off :lol:

Hows things mate in my opinion the falcon evo 4+ is a brill alarm .it has remote start immobiliser proximity sensor i could be here all day listing what it has .The base model is 250yoyos not fitted but i went for a few extras,such as the poximity sensor which puts a shield around the car and if u enter that shield twie in 30 sec the alarm will go off. :D Oh ya its a pager too so if your within 1000meters of the car it will page u if it goes off :lol:

Sounds good Mark, how much did it come to altogether including the few extras and fitting? Did you ever have any problems with false alarms or being locked out and the like?

Remote start sounds tempting these mornings as well B)

My old man is an electrician but does auto electrical work as well could I rope him into fitting one?

Why did Toyota in their wisdom not see fit to put even an immobilisor on them but the IS200 was deemed one of the most secure cars in its class? :duh:

It is funny actually, why didnt they fit a proper alarm or immobilisor on the IS200/Altezza?

I went with an aftermarket alarm the week I got my Altezza, got a Dynatro 5Star alarm, triple immobilisors, dual backup batterys, and all the other normals like shock sensor, touch sensor, car locator blah blah blah.

Cause in NZ if your car has a 5Star alarm, insurance gives us up to 15% of our premiums, so the alarm pays for itself after a while lol

It cost 300 yoyos and i fitted it myself but im just warning u it takes 8 or nine hours to fit :P . it takes a bit of messing around with the shock sensor make sure its not too sensitive :winky: .The only bad thing is very loud exhausts can set it off :angry: .I can show u it working at the rolling road meet if u like :lol:

It cost 300 yoyos and i fitted it myself but im just warning u it takes 8 or nine hours to fit :P . it takes a bit of messing around with the shock sensor make sure its not too sensitive :winky: .The only bad thing is very loud exhausts can set it off :angry: .I can show u it working at the rolling road meet if u like :lol:

Cheers Mark yeah I'll have a gander at the meet. Reminds me i must pay the deposit completely forgot :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links