Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Colour Of Blue Is This...?

Can anyone distinguish which shade of blue this is please? Going looking at it this weekend hopefully.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=424200536

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=424200544

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=424200546

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/s...ia?id=424200548

2001 Y Reg LEXUS IS 2.0 Sport

4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Petrol, 56,000 miles, Metallic Blue, MOT-10-2007. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Alloy wheels, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Front armrest, Head restraints, Headlight washers, Heated seats, Leather seats, Park distance control, Passenger airbag, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Remote locking, Side airbags, Traction control, bumpers in color, Electric sunroof, Radio/CD, Rear headrests, Air conditioning, Child locks. Insurance Group:13, service history, quality build executive motor car and a delight to drive. [F11,6/YQ-PP/F2] £7,695.

What do we think? It doesn't look too bad me thinks.

Thanks,

Jamie

As the light isn't great its a bit difficult but I'm pretty sure that's Royal Sapphire Blue.

That car proves though that it didn't all happen at once because it has the top slot CD player, but it's still definitely a pre-facelift car (has two tone dash, no piping on seats, etc.)

Looks good in the photos though, the cream interior looks in excellent condition despite the car's age, although I'd love to find out what they're referring to by "computer" in the car's description :)

Here's a very similar post-facelift car if you'd like to compare:

Link

at the age its on the boundary between saphirre and strathcaron.

Though, as someone said, its high priced - i sold a similar age/mileage/spec for 6500 last year.. so I would aim to pay a similar price for that one.

(oh, and mine had just had BIG 60k service, new tyres etc..)

Looks good, but as above, I'm sure you'll get it cheaper.

I recently bought this:

IMGP2172.jpg

Not a sport, but 75k miles £4000

It's had a bit of paint from minor knocks - seems OK otherwise :)

Edit: It had the crappy six spoke wheels on too.

Anyone want them LOL.

Noticed you put group 13 down...thought they were group 12? The the sport was group 15....unless they have now been revised...

No, he's right.

the S and SE have ALWAYS been group 12, and the Sport has ALWAYS been group 13..

Perhaps the 300 is group 15?

The car is Royal Sapphire, i've just checked the chassis number B)

Nice one, I was considering that, however, didn't have chance or time to phone Lexus though.

So, could someone reiterate what the 60k service includes please? I suppose costing depends upon what has to be done, but what has this cost people in the past when they've reached this?

The kit fitted to this Lexus - is it standard or an optional extra?

Also we were talking last night about the rear spoiler - can anyone tell me if there will be a hole in the middle, where it meets the bodywork? Or is it only attached on the left and right sections?

Many thanks,

Jamie

The car is Royal Sapphire, i've just checked the chassis number B)

Nice one, I was considering that, however, didn't have chance or time to phone Lexus though.

So, could someone reiterate what the 60k service includes please? I suppose costing depends upon what has to be done, but what has this cost people in the past when they've reached this?

The kit fitted to this Lexus - is it standard or an optional extra?

Also we were talking last night about the rear spoiler - can anyone tell me if there will be a hole in the middle, where it meets the bodywork? Or is it only attached on the left and right sections?

Many thanks,

Jamie

Im thinking there could be a hole in the middle too. The Kit is a an optional extra, it doesnt come as standard

Alright there Jamie,

My 60k service was rather expensive (sure they just took the :tsktsk: really) right:

60k service.....£180

Oil Filter.....£7.39

Gasket, Drain Plug.....£0.76

Screenwash....£1.66

Air Filter.....£16.33

Pollen Filter...£23.05

Spark Plugs....£54.42

Break Cleaner....£2.45

Fuel Treatment....£7.50

Battery, Trans....£4.07

Gasket, Drain Plug....£0.90

Wiper LH....£5.03

Wiper Rubber...£4.88

Diff Oil...£18

Helix Plus Oil...£33.66

Plus VAT....£63.02

Totaling.....£423.12

Plus the technicians report said i was needing a new water pump as it was leaking, thats total was £344.00, and also that the NSR calliper was seized, rear discs worn, corroded and NS had over heated, that cost me £549.23

So my total 60k service cost me....£1316.35 but if you dont have the problems i had your sweet at just over £400!!

Hope this helps mate, Chris

Hmmm, you guys have all got me a little scared about my 60k service now, all of my services so far have been over £400 :o

Gladly my 60k is still a couple of years away :D

But yeah definitely knock them down on price, that car is quite overpriced regardless of whether its had its service or not - they're trying to get more for it because of the bodykit I'd guess, but don't let that influence you too much as I got my TTE kit for under £200

So is the kit a TTE one then?

No that's the TRD one, this is the TTE one:

199595789.jpg

199595793.jpg

It's a whole new front bumper, rear skirt, and lip spoiler (has no side skirts, ppl often fit the TRD side skirts to go with it)

odd one this.....a sport comes with a rear lip spoiler, but some ppl changed boot to get the raised spoiler....

As far as i know you could not just take off the lip and replace with the raised.

BTW...i am unsure if "facelift" would be the word i would use to describe the slight changes made over the years.

odd one this.....a sport comes with a rear lip spoiler, but some ppl changed boot to get the raised spoiler....

As far as i know you could not just take off the lip and replace with the raised.

BTW...i am unsure if "facelift" would be the word i would use to describe the slight changes made over the years.

yeah, there never was a 'facelift' as the honorable Robert mentions.

Just a series of tweaks every year..

2000 got driver AND passenger electric seats and top loading CD

2002 got the piping and smoked rear lights.

2004 got the smoked headlights etc..

Argh bo!!ock5 - thats gonna hurt then, so I should really try and barter the car down and take some quotes with me for an approximate / average 60k service and hopefully kick them down even more then...?

Jamie

if its due its 60k, take a minimum of 600 quid off, if it needs anything doing, like discs/pads etc, you could easily end up at a grand.

It's overpriced anyway, plus the 60k service, if I was you i'd be looking to pay 6500 and not a penny more.

Yeh looks good mate, hope it all goes well, i bought my one which is basically identical apart from my alloys were seriously corroded.

I would try get some money off though as others have pointed out the dreaded service is just around the corner, and when ya find out all brakes are shot and you've got a knackered shock and snapped spring ( never even noticed lol ) the price does jump up a good bit so save the pennies!

Hope it all goes well for you though!

jay

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links