Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed.. Apexi

mAltezza

This is a close up of the pipe,

2902062238.jpg

That looks cheap and nasty!! Does the filter say Apexi on it?? It doesnt look like the sensor would be able to sit securely with no gaps. As u said if ur old set up works then it isnt the MAF. Ill try take some pics of mine later up close if i get a chance. Very busy in work though

No thats not my filter, i just bought the carbon adaptor, iv got an Apexi filter not the one in that pic, Noel do you have any pics of the inside, the MAF sits in fine, unless there is a difference on the inside?

Well since you didnt get an Altezza specific Induction kit im guessing thats the problem. Send it back i think. How much did it cost you?

It is, it was from Prolex, i bought the filter seperate, its the same as yours, he wanted £185 for the kit as on this pic, 2902062238.jpg

But i noticed the wierd filter that was meant to come with it, so i bought just the adaptor and fittings, then bought an Apexi filter which screws straight on to the carbon adaptor

2911585930.jpg

Am i making any sence? :duh:

It is, it was from Prolex, i bought the filter seperate, its the same as yours, he wanted £185 for the kit as on this pic, 2902062238.jpg

But i noticed the wierd filter that was meant to come with it, so i bought just the adaptor and fittings, then bought an Apexi filter which screws straight on to the carbon adaptor

2911585930.jpg

Am i making any sence? :duh:

I got my kit( which included: filter, metal induction pipe and mounting brackets and spacer for 170 Euro! and another 150 Euro for the aluminium box. Im thinking, as Noel said it has to be the pipe! You could always come to Ireland in March for the rolling road meet and try mine out!!

Hmmm this has been a big problem apparently, and only affects a few cars at random, its to do with the air/fuel ratio apparently. Have seen some kits work fine in some cars, and using the exact kit, doesnt work in others.

Would provide a link to another forum for more help...but might get that post deleted (again) by a mod... <_<

Hmmm this has been a big problem apparently, and only affects a few cars at random, its to do with the air/fuel ratio apparently. Have seen some kits work fine in some cars, and using the exact kit, doesnt work in others.

Would provide a link to another forum for more help...but might get that post deleted (again) by a mod... <_<

no one has provided a solution yet so stick it up, or else Send it to me and i will!! :tomato:

I remember that topic ... ;)

When i purchased my filter online the was a pop up box that stated that "RS200's" would need an AF controller to use a POD filter, but advise given on the above site was that the Altezza ECU was too clever and would "tune" out the AFC after a short while, you can get around this by routinely resetting the ECU ..... i fitted it anyway just to see

My POD filter works fine when the car is up to temp... before that if i floor it she will bog down...

From what the guys say on that thread, it looks like buying an Apexi intake is a waste of time and money unless you want to also buy a new ECU to realise the gains....Was going to order one aswell. Has anybody dyno'd before and after to see if there is a pony increase......

There is a dyno day coming up shortly in march.... will be a lot of disappointed faces methinks.... :)

except for maybe gsportcars.....

im think im doing maby 180-190 . glad its comming up cause i want to see a before and after sheet :)

Its been discussed in other threads but most of us have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket Panel filter is best (e.g. TRD, Toms and I use Apex-i Power Intake Panel)

And the fact that they just slot into the stock Airbox is just a dream haha

Its been discussed in other threads but most of us have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket Panel filter is best (e.g. TRD, Toms and I use Apex-i Power Intake Panel)

And the fact that they just slot into the stock Airbox is just a dream haha

Ye if there is no noticeable diiference between mine and Dizz'(think he just has a panel filter) i sell mine!

• 11 months later...

maltezza

i wrote the first paragraph of this post this afternoon on another thread you have been on saying how i have the same prob as you the 2nd paragraph is how i solved the prob hopefully :)

i ve just fitted the apexi power intake and just like what happened to you maltezza my car has lost power, its really slow going up through the revs , i disconnected the Battery for 10 mins and and the connected it then started it up for 5 mins without touching the throttle then turned it off and fired her up again and took it for a test drive and its still the same , have u got yours sorted yet, i see from your thread about your car that they said it might be your carbon pipe but i have got the correct pipe and it still does it . dont know what to do now, let me know what you have done :)

just been back out to the car and disconnected the Battery for an hour, connected it back up and took it out for a drive, at first it was pretty sluggish , but the more i drove it the better it got, and after an hour of driving the ecu has learned the new filter airflow, its still not perfect but its pretty close so i came home and parked up for an hour went back out for a drive and from cold it drives perfect really responsive but as the temp went to normal it loses a tiny amount of response which im thinking is the heat in the engine bay so im gona look to get a box to fit in there, so to sum up i fitted it and it drove like a pile of ****, left the Battery disconnected for an hour to reset the ecu then drove around for an hour and it fixed itself :)

maltezza

i wrote the first paragraph of this post this afternoon on another thread you have been on saying how i have the same prob as you the 2nd paragraph is how i solved the prob hopefully :)

i ve just fitted the apexi power intake and just like what happened to you maltezza my car has lost power, its really slow going up through the revs , i disconnected the battery for 10 mins and and the connected it then started it up for 5 mins without touching the throttle then turned it off and fired her up again and took it for a test drive and its still the same , have u got yours sorted yet, i see from your thread about your car that they said it might be your carbon pipe but i have got the correct pipe and it still does it . dont know what to do now, let me know what you have done :)

just been back out to the car and disconnected the battery for an hour, connected it back up and took it out for a drive, at first it was pretty sluggish , but the more i drove it the better it got, and after an hour of driving the ecu has learned the new filter airflow, its still not perfect but its pretty close so i came home and parked up for an hour went back out for a drive and from cold it drives perfect really responsive but as the temp went to normal it loses a tiny amount of response which im thinking is the heat in the engine bay so im gona look to get a box to fit in there, so to sum up i fitted it and it drove like a pile of ****, left the battery disconnected for an hour to reset the ecu then drove around for an hour and it fixed itself :)

No way :crybaby:

Gutted I never tryed this, I finally got mine sorted but it cost me big bucks,

Mine runs fine now, i bought a cam con, then took the car to uk, booked it in at Thor Racing, when i got there they done a first

dyno run with the car standard, then he fitted the Apexi fillter and done another dyno run, the power and torque figures all dropped really badly with the filter fitted, so finally he fitted the cam com and set it up, the main prob was too much air and not enough fuel,

after bout an hour he done a final dyno run, an it was around 11bhp gain in the end,

hope you dont have to go through all of this mate,

• 2 weeks later...

ok my glory was short lived :whistling:

when i leave it overnite and take it out it in the morning from cold it drives really bad and even when the cars up to temp it takes ages to get it running right and then i pretty sure it is down on power, its like its trying to learn the new airflow every day. looks like im gonna have to get a camcon, iknow it costs around £200 but how much time on the rolling road does it need to set up, and does anybody know of a garage near me (gloucester) that will do it ,

maltezza i think your money wasnt wasted after all :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links