Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Altezza Turbo

daws

if its a toms then fire ahead . if its not well it can be very risky . as the work done to them might need some tuining / upkeep to get it back to the way should run .

if ur buying from the auction then id say ull find very little info about the turbo and engine bay on the sheet .

ive seen 2 turbo cars for sale in ireland atm . ones in dublin been for sale for over a year now . its not in the best of health .

Altezza turbo will need to be run on high octane petrol... we don't have that in Ireland, so you need to be realistic about running one here... octane boosters ain't a long term solution...

If you do get one then definitely spend the money on getting it retuned for our fuel and happy motoring :)

just get the ecu remapped for 95 ron

Hi Evryone, I have just been offered an Altezza RS200 with a documented history showing 16 k miles from new in november '98 . It seens to be in fantastic condition and has the Sat nav and Paddle gearshift etc. I was quoted a high price for it and would like any advice on the car's likely value and what to look out for . Can anyone help,please? regards to all from a Soarer fanatic- I want a set ok Mk1 GS3oo Sport wheels if anyone knows of any and if they will fit over my '96-LS400 front brake calipers??? regards,Martin

right lads thanks for advice,, i have a mechanic who prepares rally cars and track cars who will look at the car straight away when it comes in and it will be gettin a few apexi bits thrown in and den off to be tuned and dyno tested,, so basically it wil get a turbo timer, boost controller, rsm and the neo and den all tuned, i will get them to tune the ecu to 95ron cause i aint spendin 15euro a tank on octane boost,, i wont be drivin it till its all been done,, jus ave to put the deposit on it tommorrow and den pay for it by the end of the week. should be on a boat in 2-3 weeks.. i'll let u know how i get on.. i'm getting dem to take da guages and electronics out and post them to me because they probably wont be in it when it arrives in dublin

right lads thanks for advice,, i have a mechanic who prepares rally cars and track cars who will look at the car straight away when it comes in and it will be gettin a few apexi bits thrown in and den off to be tuned and dyno tested,, so basically it wil get a turbo timer, boost controller, rsm and the neo and den all tuned, i will get them to tune the ecu to 95ron cause i aint spendin 15euro a tank on octane boost,, i wont be drivin it till its all been done,, jus ave to put the deposit on it tommorrow and den pay for it by the end of the week. should be on a boat in 2-3 weeks.. i'll let u know how i get on.. i'm getting dem to take da guages and electronics out and post them to me because they probably wont be in it when it arrives in dublin

good for you.... :) you are wise to do your research first

it will cost you to get it sorted but then you can enjoy it without worry..... let us know how you get on... :winky:

how can ya tell from a badly taken picture,, da bumper has been moded to take da front mount and it says da bonnet is an after market one so it could be carbon or fibreglass sprayed

Look where the front wing meets the door, it dont look right to me, look at the sideskirt, not a good colour match, same as front bumper :blink: as you say, it might just be the bad pic :duh:

I once got a MR2 that was saying 4.5 on the auction report, but when got and looked at it, it had been in a accident, very good repair mind :o

how can ya tell from a badly taken picture,, da bumper has been moded to take da front mount and it says da bonnet is an after market one so it could be carbon or fibreglass sprayed

Look where the front wing meets the door, it dont look right to me, look at the sideskirt, not a good colour match, same as front bumper :blink: as you say, it might just be the bad pic :duh:

I once got a MR2 that was saying 4.5 on the auction report, but when got and looked at it, it had been in a accident, very good repair mind :o

Ah i just think its a bad pic. You wil have to bring me for a spin in that when u get it running properly Shane :winky:

I might be wrong but i think that is a different wing all together.... looks like there is a small vent?

Looks nice, but like Gord said the colour match on that pic looks slightly off and "silver" cars are supposedly the hardest colour to match well...

get more pics up.... :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links