Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 & Is220/250

Tango

The US LOC forum has the first generation and second generation models separated. What is the view of the UK LOC members regarding doing this for the UK?

There isn't a lot of commonality on modifications and tuning of the two, and peeps are often misled in topics and post replies thinking they're discussing the wrong model.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US LOC forum has the first generation and second generation models separated. What is the view of the UK LOC members regarding doing this for the UK?

There isn't a lot of commonality on modifications and tuning of the two, and peeps are often misled in topics and post replies thinking they're discussing the wrong model.

Sounds ok to me for what its worth.

I know I'm a new member, but I'd say the split is a very good idea.

With regards to the moving of posts, I would imagine moving posts about the new cars is easier, and that it could be automated and then cleared up.

You could do it either by a balance of the generation of the car of the people posting.

So if the greater average Lexus model of the posters matches (250|220d) then move it to the new forum.

There would be some false positives, but not too many.

The other option is to search the topics and content for 220d/250, but I don't think this would be as reliable. Ignoring Poster's signatures might normalise that a bit more, but I think they'll be plenty of 2nd generation threads that don't mention 250 or 220d at all!

Just my thoughts

G

i vote split, new lexus IS owners are buisnessmen not enthusiasts lol

Bleedin cheek :D I've got one of each so what does that make me, an enthusiastic businessman?

Hope Steve Barnes is reading this as it looks like most peeps favour the split...

i vote split, new lexus IS owners are buisnessmen not enthusiasts lol

Bleedin cheek :D I've got one of each so what does that make me, an enthusiastic businessman?

Hope Steve Barnes is reading this as it looks like most peeps favour the split...

Makes you rich and greedy.....and very lucky :D

I agree