Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation

With the road system changing every week how do we ensure that we are getting an upto date nav system?

I live near Swindon and many of the new roads are missing from my 2000 cd, should I wait for the 2003 one? :unsure:

I bought a new IS200SE with sat nav in May 2001 with version 3.4 of the CD. In August 2001 Lexus said the latest CD would be available in Oct 2001. In Oct they said Jan 2002. In Jan they said June 2002. In June they said the end of July. In August they said definitely on 1st Sept.

In Sept it would be the end of Oct. In Nov they said Feb or March 2003.

Can I believe anything that Lexus say???

:sick:

UK Version 3.4 released May 2000. Maps are from late 1999

08664-50824 or 86271-15V254

I guess the first of those is the part number, not sure of the second.

Couple of people have mentioned getting new CD's recently.

From what Chris says, that'd be version 3.7

Anyone got the new versions part number handy ??

I'd be interested to dig around to see what deals are available :shifty:

Should not be a problem! I bought the latest version (3.7) as soon as it came out from Lexus Guildford. It cost £122 plus V.A.T. after a bit of discount.

This replaced my 3 year old disk. The new one has the same functions plus

- street numbers are included

- it is possible to enter post codes, but I haven't worked this out yet

- it lets you select the trip computer while on the move.

Initial impressions are that rural areas are better covered.

I've been looking around for the new CD since my local dealer won't sell it for less than £155 (Lexus Edgware Road) since they don't do discounts.. but I might give Guildford a call. Was the discount for LOC members?

I'd be interested in the postcode feature (if it is actually there) because the '99 CD I've got seems to have trouble locating certain industrial estates/rural roads. Has your GS300 got the same satnav system as the IS200 (CD-rom version)?

• 3 weeks later...

Frank.

1. It's a proprietary format, and you can't download it.

2. Even if you could, we value our relationship with Lexus, so wouldn't discuss or condone it on here.

I hate to be a bore... but that's just the way it goes. At least you haven't got the DVD system.... that one is a/ out of date b/ much more expensive to update :(

A

Re posts above, it does have the postcode feature but haven't really played with this yet. So far as I know, the system uses the same disk as for the early IS but implementation is quite different. The GS has a touchscreen which makes entry of destinations a doddle.

The 7.5% discount from Guildford was offered by the Parts Manager as I told him that other franchises give up to 15% off parts. He told me that the disk is an accessory and not a part therefore the markup is much lower. Anyway, it's nice that he showed willing.

Re downloading or copying, I'll pass on the moral issues as I don't mind paying for an update every 3 years or so. I'm no expert but this latest CD-ROM defies reading or file identification in DOS.

One interesting point I have found. This latest disk allows access to the trip computer while on the move whereas my previous one blocked this along with all of the other useful functions. Therefore the data for what should be dimmed is on the disk and not in the firmware of the system. It's a real drag to have to stop to enter a route when I have a passenger who could do so quite safely.

Just in case anyone's feeling wealthy, Lexus told me that the latest disk for the more recent DVD-based navigation system in the IS200/300, is dated September 2002.

Available from your local Lexus dealer.... at around £400 so I'm told :crying:

Response I received from Lexus Reading today:

SIR

WITH REGARD TO YOUR INTEREST IN A REPLACEMENT DISC,A UPDATED VERSION IS NOW AVAILBLE AT A COST OF £304.95.INC VAT. WE WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT OF 10% AS A CLUB MEMBER.

REGARDS LEXUS READING.

• 2 months later...

I am up at Lexus Chester on Saturday, getting the new version of the DVD.

They have agreed to lend me the DVD for a few weeks, let me see if here is a noticeable improvement - if not, then I can return it.

Will be happy to check for certain areas if anyone wants to know if they are covered

how new is the new dvd you talk of??

ive had my car a month and was told this was newest version but its about 8 month's old and has roads missing that have been open for over a year

• 4 weeks later...
Is that too Much Money Tony :sick:

If you were a gold member, you might be able to get some discount ...

Always strikes me as a huge sum for a cdrom ....

Have you tried calling a mainland european dealer ?

Nav cd's used to be about 80-90quid abroad ....

I was lucky enough to find the latest CD (v3.7) on eBay last week for 80quid :D

• 4 years later...

I've got an original 3.7 version disc and I've been having errors reading the disc so I took it out and cleaned it. It is scratched and won't work.

Now my Sat Nav is useless. I'm not paying out £100+ for something I've already got.

Any other options?

Cheers

New dvd is bang up to date (ordered from the link Paul gave) - Its the 2006/2007 version

More detail and better mapping than my TomTom Navigator (Version 6) - All the changes to the roundabouts, new bypasses etc round my area are all sorted....TomTom still missing some of these ....

Turned up 2 days after ordering too.....

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links