Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Irish Rolling Road Day

Dizz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the wheels, mine was 153.5bhp, 56.8bhp was lost through the transmission. Its all worked out on the printout.

Big loss with the rear wheel drives :angry:

Not as bad as the 4wds tho! :whistling: lol

• 9 months later...

Yeah to the best of my knowledge it does depend on the type of drive, 4WD looses more as the power as it has to be displaced to all 4 wheels and i've heard that you loose more to the rear than you do to the front but I aint too sure on that, I'm no mechanic

no i just got the bhp at the wheels,

not the best of pictures,

009442078.jpg

think there is a few factors that can affect hoe the fly figure is calculated and i think if its not done there and then by the dyno operator i think any thing else would be guess work! 163 @ wheels sound good to me, more than mine got the first time it was dyno'ed, might be getting mine dyno;ed again before the end of the week so ill ask the guy how its calculated @ fly

• 2 weeks later...

as a bit of a ruff guide you could say that RWD cars lose 20% of it's power through transmission so if you multiply you reading at the hubs by 1.2 you will come up with 195.6 bhp at the crank

to be honest the only way you can find the true power of the engine is to take it out and bench test it but it in the car and rolling road it,

• 1 year later...