Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Or Is300?

Goya

Hi, I'm looking to buy an IS in the next few weeks due to a job change (my current car, a Mondeo, is okay for the 2 mile daily trip to the station, but I'll be doing more mileage & want a more pleasurable driving experience!)

I initially thought of getting an IS250 SE auto (used) & went to have a look at one down the local garage. I do like it, but the one thing turning me off is the price - I don't want to have to afford it! There were a couple available for around £26K.

Whilst at the garage I looked at the IS200 & started considering it as an alternative. I nearly bought one a few years ago & they are still appealing to me!

I've since done a little more research & am now drawn to the IS300 (I want an auto). There's a couple of the Limited Editions locally (at Lexus dealers) for under £15K.

I'd welcome any comments on my current dilemma of whether to go for the IS300 or push the boat out & get the IS250.

Cheers.

Think id go for the IS250. I still love the previous IS for many reasons and still loathe some aspects of the new IS. But if your after all out refinement....the new IS inside is sweet!

Personally I prefer the styling of the old IS but if its the refinment you want then as Kazi says the 250 is a must

No need to spend 26k if your happy to go for 05/55/06 plates there is plenty in auto trader 19/20k with a few miles on the clock

Damn, I was hoping for a few posts saying the IS300 was definitely the one to go for! I'm planning on test driving both of them which will hopefully sway me one way or the other.

I had a quick look on Auto Trader in my local area & didn't see any IS250 on there for sub £20k. I would go for the SE Auto + multimedia centre. I'll have a closer look later on.

I love the IS250 and have considered getting one a few times (usually every time I get one as a courtesy car) but then when I get my car back I'm never quite ready to let it go :blush:

The IS250 is so quiet and refined and the toys are lovely, but when I get back in my old 200, I love the sound from the engine, and the steering is far sharper.

This has often got me thinking that perhaps the IS300 would be the right choice as it has the extra power without losing the bits I love about the 200 - but to me it seems a bit silly to buy the same car again.

The IS250 is much less raw than the old IS, so depends what you're looking for - also need to think about fuel economy, the IS300 would prob give you less than 20mpg around town whereas the IS250 gives over 25mpg..........

There's only one way to decide this, drive both and see which you prefer - although if you can afford it, the new IS will probably win over the old because the fit and finish is in a totally different league (as long as you make sure to road test it thoroughly to ensure there are no rattles!)

Damn, I was hoping for a few posts saying the IS300 was definitely the one to go for! I'm planning on test driving both of them which will hopefully sway me one way or the other.

I had a quick look on Auto Trader in my local area & didn't see any IS250 on there for sub £20k. I would go for the SE Auto + multimedia centre. I'll have a closer look later on.

It is Manual although the cheapest i found with MM package

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_...200705268791106

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links