Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres Advice

AndyW

Sorry for posting another bit of mail about this! but i need some help !!!

I have had my IS200 for 2 years now and need two new tyres on the front. Currently i have two dunlop sp sport 9000's on the front (seem good - but pricey for me) and Wanli 9000's on the rear (seem awful, doesn't handle very well at all to me!)

Can anyone suggest a "cheap end" of the scale tyre brand for me to buy for the two front ones!?

Have seen the following available:-

Falkens

Yokohamas

Kumhos

Budget

Marshalls

BCTs

Infinitys

Nankang

Bridgestone (got a brand new one on the spare! - bridgestone porenza i think)

All of those above and a few others i can't recall are cheaper that the current dunlop sp sport 9000's i currently use. I cannot afford anything pricey at all and maybe the cars a bit too high maintenance for me but i like it so much i can't get rid of it, so can anyone recommend which ones are the best for the budget end of the tyre market!?

sorry if this is the hundrenth email for tyres but it's getting too confusing for me!

cheers

Andy W

There are so many threads about tyres on here, that it would take you ages to read them all, but in my opinion, do not get budget tyres as this is false economy..........Go for the best you can afford, there are also loads of tyre sites which will give you the low down on each make..Google can be your best friend :D

When my rears needed replacing recently I went for the Dunlops. When I bought the car 10k miles ago, the fronts were brand new Dunlops and after 10k they'd hardly worn at all, so I figured that they were both grippy and long-lasting. For me that outweighed the extra 30 quid each or so over a cheaper tyre.

But there are several threads on tyres - have a look in the dedicated wheels and tyers forum for the thoughts of others...

Mike

tires are the most important part of your car ... as it essentially are your shoes and the only contact you have with the road. So even if you have to save on cheap gas, engine oil, air filters etc etc .... you shouldnt compromise the quality of your tires.

That said, I think the best choice for you would be toyos. Choose a sedan/touring style tire from the toyo range, and you should be fine. They have decent quality and are not expensive.

i recently got some maragoni zeta lineas, a couple of others have them on here too. i must say they have been excellent and seem to grip more and be more quiet than the expensive michelin pilot sports i had before.

i got them from camskill.co.uk and took then to my local garage to be fitted.

tires are the most important part of your car ... as it essentially are your shoes and the only contact you have with the road. So even if you have to save on cheap gas, engine oil, air filters etc etc .... you shouldnt compromise the quality of your tires.

That said, I think the best choice for you would be toyos. Choose a sedan/touring style tire from the toyo range, and you should be fine. They have decent quality and are not expensive.

Excellent thinking.

I use Vrederstein Ultrac. Brilliant tyre.

• 4 weeks later...

i put cheap ones on the front and have never regretted anything quite so much in my life!(drone drone drone)

so when i hit an sds core drill bit in the road and tore the sidewall out of one of my rears i had 2 bridgestones fitted at the rear they grip excellent in all weathers the chap at the tyre place has an impreza and thats what he uses it cost me £188 for both including fitting.

i will defo be fitting them to the front when i finally manage to scrub them out!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links