Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tdi Induction Kit For N/a Engines

Zee007

Mark at TDI has kindly offered a group buy on the TDI developed Induction Kit for N/A engines (ie those without a supercharger).

The Kit can be seen here:

http://www.tdi-plc.com/is200nainductionsystem.jpg

http://www.tdi-plc.com/is200nainductionsystem2.jpg

Minimum gains of 5% are expected with more in addition to a performance exhaust.

The group buy will be £590.75 plus vat for 5, and £556 plus vat for 10.

This is a reduced rate from £695 plus vat normally.

If you are seriously interested in this special offer, then please post your interest below.

Cheers, Johnny and Zee.

i dont want to be rude and hope no one takes offence but, this is far too expensive for what it is and the benefits it gives. If the cost was far more realistic then i believe there would be a lot of buyers, but at this price...... i really dont see this group buy getting started... sorry.

no way...sorry that price is a little glittery

id expect to pay that for an induction kit for a ferrari or some other exotic car but not for an IS200

THE PIPE....i could make in my shed with a lenth of metal pipe and some silicone bends.

the box looks good, but is still way to expensive....if the prices were realistic they would shift more

i doubt they will shift many at that price

Hi Guys

I said from the start that we were going to make the systems without compromise, which is what we did. I know that these are not everyones cup of tea.

Spyshot - maybe try knocking some up in your shed then. See how long it takes you, how nice it looks, how much heat soak you get, then test to see how well it works ;)

Anyone out there really want cheap parts on their car?

Quality costs unfortunately - sorry!!! :(

The other alternative is to wait to see if anyone else brings out a cheaper product that is worth having. I know JTT tried something that that did not work out to well.

All the best :)

My view is that all credit should be given to mark and the other people involved for having a go.......

Quality never comes cheap..........

looks tasty as well......... :)

I'm looking for one for my s/c :P after a little while............. :whistling::whistling:

I have started to make a kit at work - fully custom made, stage by stage etc etc ill be making it from aircraft grade fibre. ok i wont be able to make an intake box that looks as good as the TDI one, but ill have a good go! when finished ill do a breakdown of the costs.

Guys, don't mean to be rude but we all know how hard it is to source parts for the UK IS200, no-one develops any really, TDI have invested a lot of time and effort in developing a seriously good piece of kit that is the only one of it's kind on the market, they have undertaken all the R&D and the cost of the fabrication off their own back to be able to offer this induction kit to us, Mark did say that it would be pricey back in July 2002. If you are not interested in purchasing one then that is fine but I think it is a little unfair to rant about cost and build quality (SPYSHOT) when no-one has tried one or even seen one. Surely it is obvious that the peope that have had them fitted or seen them at TDI are all raving about them aren't doing so to line their own pocket, they are doing so because this is an excellent piece of kit that cannot be found else where.

Sorry for the rant :duh:

Si

P.S. And before anyone asks i'm having mine fitted on Friday B)

I would be interested, but it would be towards the end of April when I am ready to buy. I intend to sort out the exhaust system at the same time.

One query I do have is, do I have to have the ECU reprogrammed so that it won't compensate for the extra airflow, and hence provide no performance increase? Any advice greatfully received.

Gus :question:

I have started to make a kit at work - fully custom made, stage by stage etc etc ill be making it from aircraft grade fibre. ok i wont be able to make an intake box that looks as good as the TDI one, but ill have a good go!  when finished ill do a breakdown of the costs.

Rob,

I'm modding the IS300 inlet duct & air box.

But I'm getting an HKS SuperPower flow induction for the S/C engine.

I don't believe any patchwork filter is ever going to match that!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links