Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Se-l Auto

swager

Hi All,

just a quick one - how quiet is you engine on tick over .

not taken much notice of the lump on tick over but of late I dont think it is that quiet 10k on the clock ,will get service to have a listen .the only reason why I have started to listen to the lump is because i had a strange rattle from the engine compartment when i fired her up last week ,sounded top end but as i had the window opoen and it was very windy i could not catch it in time .all ok to date but it did have me worried .

cheers

Hi All,

just a quick one - how quiet is you engine on tick over .

not taken much notice of the lump on tick over but of late I dont think it is that quiet 10k on the clock ,will get service to have a listen .the only reason why I have started to listen to the lump is because i had a strange rattle from the engine compartment when i fired her up last week ,sounded top end but as i had the window opoen and it was very windy i could not catch it in time .all ok to date but it did have me worried .

cheers

I have a noticable ticking noise from top end around the intake when the bonnet is open, otherwise very quiet.

I have a noticable ticking noise from top end around the intake when the bonnet is open, otherwise very quiet.

The ticking is the high pressure direct injection system - similar technology to that used on common rail diesel engines.

Thought it may be the injection system. On a slighter different subject, I changed out the OEM rubber intake tube between the air filter and the intake for a custom 'Joe Z' metal one, also fitted a Blitz free flow filter and the car picks up a lot cleaner and quicker. However, the original tube has what I can only describe as an empty plastic box attached to it by a side tube. Anyone know what it is for? The Joe Z has only the one side outlet i.e. no plastic box. Apologies in advance for being :offtopic: