Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Website

lexus boy

Few things mate.

1) Not all the pages are centralised.

2) The top logo needs to be of a higher resolution.

3) The text (content) needs to be uniform, and probably a little smaller in font size on some pages !

Just a few things that stand out to me straight away ! ;)

you need to save the original though. simply renaiming it will not work. the original file will need to be resaved as gif.

rule of thumb is photos are to be saved as JPG and created artwork such as logos should e saved as GIF or PNG. Very large artwork can be saved as JPG but only the best results are acheived when not optimised.

saving as a gif you dont need to optimise as your logo has less than 256 colours.

i cant see it :o

tells me to update to the latest version of netscape !!!!

i dont even have an old version of it ??

Ha i can see it even with my donkey pc :D ... Lexus boy i thought the site is good.. I even read it all :duh: But i am not a web designer like some of these "smarty peeps".

Why cant you see it?

I can see it in Opera, Mozilla, IE.

Ha i can see it even with my donkey pc :D ... Lexus boy i thought the site is good.. I even read it all :duh: But i am not a web designer like some of these "smarty peeps".

Cheers tony

I'm certainly no web designer, but better than the "draft" pages the company we hired to do the job.

Thats why I did it myself. I could do with another one been done by a pro, but for the timebeing it will do.

Did anyone see any errors or spelling mistakes

Didnt work in my version of Opera

also... what are "sortware" engineers? ;) [services pages] you might also want to re-word your shopping list of engineers :)

I would make more play of you "buisness partners" and your professional meberships, maybe stick the NICEIC logo up on the title bare with you logo?

Projects page reads a bit 'noddy' (sorry words to express what I mean fail me at the moment). You might want to give an idea of the capital value of works undertaken and if you were sub-contract / prime contractor etc. Ongoing service / maintenance might be a good one on there also if you haev that.

Does the East Riding of Yorkshire actualy exist as a postal address?

Hope that helps Thom. :)

dunno :)

I though it was just Yorkshire (and not split in to ridings) eg: North Yorkshire for York, South Yorkshire etc.... as long as your post code is right it shouldnt matter (says he who still puts Cleveland on stuff he sends 'home' LOL )

for the centralising stuff use div tags.

eg to place the content into the center of the page with a border all the wya round use

<div align=center>{content goes here}</div>

If you want to have it fully at the top use

<div style="position:absolute; top:0">{content}</div>

That will place everyting at the top left of the page. so then you could use

<div style="position:absolute; top:0";left:153>{content}</div>

That would place it at the top of the page always with a 153 pixel margen in from the left....

Give that a go and see how you get on, feel free to png me if you need help... :D

not that im that good tbh.

dunno :)

I though it was just Yorkshire (and not split in to ridings) eg: North Yorkshire for York, South Yorkshire etc.... as long as your post code is right it shouldnt matter (says he who still puts Cleveland on stuff he sends 'home' LOL )

There is North Yorkshire, York, West Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, East riding of Yorkshire and Humberside now.

Don;t ask why, its not logical.

suggestion.....maybe think about rephrasing this statement?....

Powerwatt is the new name in the power generation and distribution field which has over 30 years experience

To me it reads as "the generation and distribution field has 30 years experience"

What if you were to rephrase it to...

Powerwatt although a new name in the power generation and distribution field we have over 30 years experience

or something similar.... :blush:

Only thing that jumps out at me is the random capitalisation of letters where they should not be.

The only words that should have capital letters are proper nouns (ie James, Microsoft, Coca Cola etc), the first letter in a sentence, and possibly where trying to demonstrate where an acronym comes from.

It makes it Quite Hard to Read where they Seem to be used Randomly. For example, on your Introduction page, you have the phrase 'Our Team of Electrical and Mechanical engineers'. But apart from 'Our', the others are unnecessary and distract the eye, and in any case surely you'd want the 'engineers' to be capitalised too if you were going for that effect deliberately.

I guess you've followed up some of the other suggestions here, it looks quite neat otherwise!

Anyway just my 2c, but you did ask for comments!

Mike

Looks like the file http://www.powerwatt.co.uk/lmpres60.js is too strict on browser checking and doesn't know about some of the Mac browsers, not sure if you can turn off browser checking in the app you've used to make the website?

Nowadays something like 99% of people would be using a browser that is compatible with your page so a lot of the time unless you are doing anything really fancy you could probably actually skip the browser checks!

I think the phraseology needs a little work, as does a focus on the core strategy of the site.

Perhaps it would be better if you accentuated the benefits that your company can provide to prospective clients?

How about some case studies of the clients you currently have, for example a description of their problem, your solution and the resultant benefits to them.

If your clients are mainly corporate, you have to consider and appeal to their priorities, which are normally minimum down times, cost effectiveness, speed of reaction and dependability.

They say the best books (and web sites) are written many times before the authors are happy with them.

Good luck with it, and I hope this helps a little :)

according to the niceic you only carry out domestic work !!

Will get that sorted, won't expect anything in a hurry. Took them a year to change the name of the company!

How about adding in a link to the NICEIC Thom :winky:

Done that now

Looks like the file http://www.powerwatt.co.uk/lmpres60.js is too strict on browser checking and doesn't know about some of the Mac browsers, not sure if you can turn off browser checking in the app you've used to make the website?

Nowadays something like 99% of people would be using a browser that is compatible with your page so a lot of the time unless you are doing anything really fancy you could probably actually skip the browser checks!

I have emailed the software people. I know I can preview it in the software. So awaiting a reply

I think the phraseology needs a little work, as does a focus on the core strategy of the site.

Perhaps it would be better if you accentuated the benefits that your company can provide to prospective clients?

How about some case studies of the clients you currently have, for example a description of their problem, your solution and the resultant benefits to them.

If your clients are mainly corporate, you have to consider and appeal to their priorities, which are normally minimum down times, cost effectiveness, speed of reaction and dependability.

They say the best books (and web sites) are written many times before the authors are happy with them.

Good luck with it, and I hope this helps a little :)

Yeah this is only a basic start to have a website up, I have a few companies doing a sort of customer comments. Will also expand the projects page, as doesn't give a great deal at the moment, adding the customer comments.

I'm not great at the wording, but will have a bash at rewording a few things.

Thanks for that guys.

Will let you know in next few days once all changes have been done