Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Can I Get A W950?

Parthiban

I know this is a bit of a longshot on a Lexus forum, but hoping someone may have bought one of these recently and might know where to get one........

Basically I've reached the end of my contract so looking for a new one, want a Sonyericsson W950 on a 12 month contract for around £30ish a month, and would like to get the phone for free or pretty close to it.

There were some really good deals around just after xmas, but recently everyone seems to have put their prices up :crybaby:

Can anyone help? :)

You're going to struggle on a 12 month £30 plan to get one for free, they are still v new.

I found various offers, it's free on £45/month with '3', it's £10 on an o2 18 month contract for £35, and it's £50 on a 12 month, £35 tarriff on Orange (I can get you 10% off that a month though :winky: )

Why not try a W850i and get a bigger memory stick? They go up to 4gb now.

I found various offers, it's free on £45/month with '3', it's £10 on an o2 18 month contract for £35, and it's £50 on a 12 month, £35 tarriff on Orange (I can get you 10% off that a month though :winky: )

Why not try a W850i and get a bigger memory stick? They go up to 4gb now.

Cheers for that, although I've already been offered an upgrade from Vodafone at £30/month, 12mth contract, phone for £50 - I was hoping I could get better than that, but doesn't really seem the case.....

I did think about the W850, but when you factor in the cost of the 4gb card, it costs about the same, but the phone isn't as nice.

Did just stumble across this site though: Link

Some good prices on there, but don't know anything about the company.........

the 950 doesnt have a camera and is very big. it's not as well built as the 810 and 850 just feels more plasticky. I have the K750 and I love it. the w810 is better than K750, just improved functions and buttons, the w810 is excelent value for money so you'll get it cheap. maybee on £30 with 12 month, I can do it on orange for £30 and 12 month for free. the 850 is just 512mb bigger memory card and can do video calls and slides up so not alot for your money i can do that £30 for 18 months. the 950 is big and expensive, no camera so why not get an Ipod nano 4gb for £129 wich works loads better and is loads smaller than 950 even if you place the nano with another phone. if you do wan't one I can do it for £20 one off payment 18 month £35 per month.

Craig

the 950 doesnt have a camera and is very big. it's not as well built as the 810 and 850 just feels more plasticky. I have the K750 and I love it. the w810 is better than K750, just improved functions and buttons, the w810 is excelent value for money so you'll get it cheap. maybee on £30 with 12 month, I can do it on orange for £30 and 12 month for free. the 850 is just 512mb bigger memory card and can do video calls and slides up so not alot for your money i can do that £30 for 18 months. the 950 is big and expensive, no camera so why not get an Ipod nano 4gb for £129 wich works loads better and is loads smaller than 950 even if you place the nano with another phone. if you do wan't one I can do it for £20 one off payment 18 month £35 per month.

Craig

The lack of a camera doesn't bother me as I barely use it anyway, the size was a concern, but I've been using a V3x for the last year and it isn't really much bigger than that. The problem with an ipod is carrying the extra device and also no Bluetooth (once you've got used to it, can't go back :hehe: )

To be honest the W850 was what I thought of getting first, but again its not actually that much smaller, and I missed having a UIQ device so thought I might come back :)

Does anyone know anything about Buymobilephones.net then? They do seem to be the only ones offering a pretty good deal at £30 for phone, and then £30/month on 12mth contract.

Otherwise looks like the offer from Vodafone wasn't actually that bad so may just end up taking that instead....... :duh:

The lack of a camera doesn't bother me as I barely use it anyway, the size was a concern, but I've been using a V3x for the last year and it isn't really much bigger than that. The problem with an ipod is carrying the extra device and also no bluetooth (once you've got used to it, can't go back :hehe: )

To be honest the W850 was what I thought of getting first, but again its not actually that much smaller, and I missed having a UIQ device so thought I might come back :)

Does anyone know anything about Buymobilephones.net then? They do seem to be the only ones offering a pretty good deal at £30 for phone, and then £30/month on 12mth contract.

Otherwise looks like the offer from Vodafone wasn't actually that bad so may just end up taking that instead....... :duh:

try contacting your mobile provider and asking for your your pack code; they may decide to help you. don't ask for the impossible but ask for what you've seen. I don't like internet companies because they do mess alot of people around.

try contacting your mobile provider and asking for your your pack code; they may decide to help you. don't ask for the impossible but ask for what you've seen. I don't like internet companies because they do mess alot of people around.

Cheers mate, yeah think I'll just go back - if they offer me the same deal with the phone for £30 or less, think I'll take it :)

I'm now on my 2nd PAYGO K750i (broke the first one - dropped it), can't fault it. The MP3 playback is excellent, as is the camera etc.

I just wish the Battery lasted longer!

And it works really well with the Multimedia in the car...

The SE K800i is pretty cool, and the new Nokia N73 is also really nice. You may get either for free on £30 a month...

o2 were doing £35pm, 600min any network weekdays and 2000 minutes any network long weekends...free N73 or K800i...dunno if it's still around

Received a call from Vodafone customer care last night asking why I requested my PAC - just said I wanted the W950, and wasn't happy with what I had been previously offered........to which the guy says "if I can offer what you want, will you stay?"

Obviously to that I just said yes, and went on to say I wanted the phone for free on a 12mth contract at £30/month.

However, after a little haggling, I actually managed to get the phone for free, 12mth contract @ £25/month, retain stop the clock and also managed to get 2 months half price line rental too! :D

I've gotta say I am really surprised as they've done this 2 years running now, and they do seem to be the only network that offers better deals to existing customers than new ones :o

Thanks to all those that offered help :)