Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Veers Violently On Speeds Over 50mph

ssls400

over the last few months my ls400 has started to veer badly and violently sometimes i have had a full geometry done and tyres are all good with plenty of tread on them.it is very hard to describe this, its like the car is on ice and the back and front wants to skid off in different direction.very hard to explain this, but i can tell you i dont feel safe driving this and i would never accept to take it up more than 75mph as it is too scary to drive.the year of my car is a 1994.

hope someone can help me on this i my car is off the road till this is fixed

thanks

simon

over the last few months my ls400 has started to veer badly and violently sometimes i have had a full geometry done and tyres are all good with plenty of tread on them.it is very hard to describe this, its like the car is on ice and the back and front wants to skid off in different direction.very hard to explain this, but i can tell you i dont feel safe driving this and i would never accept to take it up more than 75mph as it is too scary to drive.the year of my car is a 1994.

thanks

simon

Assuming the coils and dampers are fit, then i question the Geometry? Can you display the report here or email it to me.

thanks

simon

Assuming the coils and dampers are fit, then i question the Geometry? Can you display the report here or email it to me.

hi,the geometry was done by national tyres as i couldnt afford to have it done at lexus dealers.

thanks

simon

hi,the geometry was done by national tyres as i couldnt afford to have it done at lexus dealers.

Well that's ok but did they give you a Geometry printout?

thanks

simon

yes, all it said on the printout was tyres laser tracked and balanced.that was it.a bloody rip of really for £50 as i asked them for a full geometry and that was it it, naff really

thanks

simon

yes, all it said on the printout was tyres laser tracked and balanced.that was it.a bloody rip of really for £50 as i asked them for a full geometry and that was it it, naff really

You've been had mate! All they have done is basic linear toe. This will not measure the angles causing your problems.. You need a full Geometry this will include the Castor positions.

if everything is ok with suspension bits and peices then mate i know it may seem costly too,but i would suggest going to see Tony M.D,he will set the car up perfectly.He is based in Watford and has done a stupid number of Lexus cars.He is not expensive and i and virtually every person on this site can vouch for his expertise.He will hand you back a different car(handling wise)and a free re-check after a certain number of miles.The service and the knowledge you get when you go to see Tony is virtually impossible to get elsewhere,maybe only a hanful of places.Im sure Tony will advise you correctly anyhow as he could write books about geom,thats how serious he takes it.

if everything is ok with suspension bits and peices then mate i know it may seem costly too,but i would suggest going to see Tony M.D,he will set the car up perfectly.He is based in Watford and has done a stupid number of Lexus cars.He is not expensive and i and virtually every person on this site can vouch for his expertise.He will hand you back a different car(handling wise)and a free re-check after a certain number of miles.The service and the knowledge you get when you go to see Tony is virtually impossible to get elsewhere,maybe only a hanful of places.Im sure Tony will advise you correctly anyhow as he could write books about geom,thats how serious he takes it.

hi thats great to hear about that.the only problem is i live in lancashire and i dont trust my lexus enough to travel all the way to south as i wouldnt feel safe at all.

is there any other alternative to another mechanic etc......

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links