Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Problem

MIB

Morning all,

I have had a problem recently in that my indicator sometimes flashes more quickly than it should. Not all the time just most of it. When I reverse and apply the brake the internal indicator on the dash slightly glows. (Possible connection fault?)

To compound the problem when I change to tiptronic mode, on the dash where it shows you which gear you are in there is a message stating "Range" and the tip gear box is blank?

Last night I disconnected my Battery to reset the ECU as advised by a friend and when I reconnected the gears are available again but the range message is still there and it has very low idle revs. When slowing down at junctions it just cuts out... :o

Is this an v expensive visit to the local Lexus dealer?

Cheers

You might possibly have a short circuit somewhere, check all fuses (in passenger well and drivers well), and also in the main fuse box.

If nothing there, get someone to help you look through all the lights and make sure none of them have blown.