Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe Defecting To A German Marque....

I love my Lex and I love my Triumphs but I have a hankering for a Merc 300 or 500 SL from the nineties.

Maybe I will get over it. Maybe I wont. Maybe I will be disappointed with it but maybe I won't and I won't know until I try it so i'm going to give it go and dive in blind as usual.

Should be fun.

The lex will end up as a part X or on eBay under my user name on here.

Whatever happens to it, the ten inch rears with the nearly new tyres will be sold of separately.

They aren't for sale yet though so please don't ask.

nowt wrong with German cars ;)

At the end of the day, brand loyalty is for lazy people, if you don't look around and find the best car for what you want, well thats their loss...

If you want the Merc, get one, though I'd reccomend going for the 500, I imagine it will be easier to sell on.

I love my Lex and I love my Triumphs but I have a hankering for a Merc 300 or 500 SL from the nineties.

Maybe I will get over it. Maybe I wont. Maybe I will be disappointed with it but maybe I won't and I won't know until I try it so i'm going to give it go and dive in blind as usual.

Should be fun.

The lex will end up as a part X or on ebay under my user name on here.

Whatever happens to it, the ten inch rears with the nearly new tyres will be sold of separately.

They aren't for sale yet though so please don't ask.

How much are the wheels ? :whistling:

Seriously if your looking at an older Merc. make sure the auto trans is 100%, I've seen a lot of them break brake bands, it's a very common fault with this model sir

Now i would buy one with a dodgy box and think nothing off taking it apart to repair. I have done a few Borg warners over the years and found them a lot easier than rebuild than manuals.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned my spare wheels. I've got six altogether.

Those 90s SLs are lovely cars. The 500 is obviously quicker but the 300 is no slouch and uses about half the fuel. A mate's Dad has got one (a 300 that is), really nice it is too.

And these are from the days when Mercs were still built properly, so should still be a very fine car even if it is a few years old!

Mike

I like the SEL but i'm going back to a convertable. My Stag days are over cos im to old to be fixing them every day. At least the Merc may only break down every other day. lol.

Its something i'm not familiar with either so its a bit of a challenge.

Now i would buy one with a dodgy box and think nothing off taking it apart to repair. I have done a few Borg warners over the years and found them a lot easier than rebuild than manuals.

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned my spare wheels. I've got six altogether.

I'm not interested in the wheels I've got a shed full.

You may have done a few BW35's like the old Ford C3's trust me things have moved on, and so has al the crap needed to do it. I did a brake band in an CD4E a while ago in situ, eithter I'm getting too old or I just don't need the money any more but that was the last one.