Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is-f

marcus

:D

Still reckon it looks better on film than it does in the flesh..or should that be paint? I was a little disappointed when I saw it at the Houston show, perhaps it was just the unfair comparison with the Lexus LF-A, but the Audi RS4 looks better together and thought out re.performance design features.

• 2 weeks later...
its shocking that theyve only managed to squeeze 400hp out of a 5 litre V8.thats poor tuning isnt it?

yea that is poor tuning, when my V8 TT is done it will be puting out all most 500rwhp :winky: but then if you put 2 turbos on the new IS-F you would see about 600/700 BHP :whistling:

its shocking that theyve only managed to squeeze 400hp out of a 5 litre V8.thats poor tuning isnt it?

Think its a balance of getting refinement and reliability. They have the resources to tune them up more but dont. Remember if they go crazy on this, their first 'F' model then were will they go with its successor or other GS 'F' models etc etc. They also have a healthy stake in Subarua to....

Think its a balance of getting refinement and reliability. They have the resources to tune them up more but dont. Remember if they go crazy on this, their first 'F' model then were will they go with its successor or other GS 'F' models etc etc. They also have a healthy stake in Subarua to....

Yes but will the Americans wish to pay nearly half as much again for a very similar car putting out 94 more bhp? The 350 is 306 bhp...

i guess.with subs,Audis and beemers,they rave on how they can extract huge amounts of power out of small engine,for example 300hp from a 2.0 in subaru's and M3's that make 350hp from 3.2's and audi that extract 420hp from a 4.1.I understand about reliability but i aint heard of many of these aforementioned cars going pop regularly,how come Lex are so worried?Is it cos its their first time?

i wouldn't get too steamed up about the hp figures - the press release says: "a high-performance version of the IS saloon with more than 400 horsepower from a 5.0-litre, V8 engine"

it'd be best to wait until they release the actual figures (probably 401hp :))