Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Sc Induction Kit Noise ?

Ok so it's my first post but ..........

I've owned my IS for a week now and after a few teething problems (thanks Mat) im loving the car, so i purchased a induction kit composing of a silicone intake hose and a Apexi filter.

My question is what kind of noise is it meant to make.....lol i've had loads of turbo cars but to my it just sounds weird, VERY loud at 2.5k and not really a nice sound. A bit like a straight cut box but deeper.

The only car i've got to comapre it to is a friends S/C G60 Corrado and his sort of resisnates and chirps on gearchange but mine just is a medium pitch drone.

Any input apreciated as i can't decide if i like it or not :ohmy:

I like the noise, it's a definite head turner, check out how mine used to be from around the 4 min mark in this video:

Sounds like you're near where I was too - the video was shot in Notts!

Where are you from mate? Oh and welcome to LOC :D

Do miss the noise, but then again the noise this thing makes more than makes up for it :D

I like the noise, it's a definite head turner, check out how mine used to be from around the 4 min mark in this video:

Sounds like you're near where I was too - the video was shot in Notts!

Where are you from mate? Oh and welcome to LOC :D

Do miss the noise, but then again the noise this thing makes more than makes up for it :D

In between you pair giggling like girls, they both sound nice. Mikes sounded slightly deeper.

Yeah I liked the IS300 sound a lot, it sounds deeper like you guys say, I'm gonna have to get someone to come in the car with me now to video the Aristo, think you'll like that bad boy :D

As for the speed limit we didn't break it, just got up to it a bit quicker, one side effect of the induction on the IS is that it makes it sound much quicker than it actually is going!

Well im not keen, kinda against the whole reason i bought the car ie quiet and relaxing.

Lol after a long spell of stripped out skylines and 200sx's im after some quietness.

Anyone want a brandspanking Apexi induction kit £100 posted.

c03a_1.JPG

Bought this on sunday ...lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...N:IT&ih=006