Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Do People Use Newreg, Etc?

Gareth

I'm curious:

newreg.co.uk, and the others, all charge the same as the dvla for buying a personalized numberplate excluding transfer and VAT, as dvla charges for the same plates including both.

Why would anyone use these companies?

Is it just ignorance?

G

I'm curious:

newreg.co.uk, and the others, all charge the same as the dvla for buying a personalized numberplate excluding transfer and VAT, as dvla charges for the same plates including both.

Why would anyone use these companies?

Is it just ignorance?

G

Think you've answered it yourself!

In a short story.....the world is full of thick people...

Hi there,

I think it is just a waste of time them selling number plates as DVLA work out to be the cheapest and include everything in the total price!!!!

If you are looking to buy a personalised number plate then using DVLA is recommended!!!

It is because they are ignorant of the fact that they can seach DVLA and purchase it direct (in most cases)

People think "Private Reg" and assume that they must buy it from a company. Especially when the private companies are advertising the particular reg you are looking for!

If you are looking to buy a personalised number plate then using DVLA is recommended!!!

So so.

I got my new numberplate, and it wasn't too far from GY 07 COK.

That scared the hell out of me, so out of curiosity I checked what plates were available.

The one I'd want would be £499 all in.

I've never really liked personalized plates, but I'm mildly tempted, to be honest.

Do you have to pay the transfer fee each time you get a new vehicle?

G

Im afriad you have to pay £105 , everytime you you sell your car or transfer the number to another car, DVLA charge you £105 pounds which allows you to keep it off a car and on retention for a year, the payment of 105 includes (£80 transfer free and £25 retention fee)

Ill recommend if your buying the number plate and are going to put it on a car keep it on there for as long as you can because £105 is alot to pay up.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

It's very doubtful I'd bother, since my number plate doesn't, in fact, suggest that I'm a homosexual phallus.

I also don't want to be on the receiving end of a conversation I can't hear:

"Who does that wang think he is with his fancy numberplate and his fancy new car"

G

... And then I found a numberplate which also happened to end in LEX.

I'm normally against cars with plates, let alone those that are that car specific.

However at the same time, the rest of the plate is the personal bit, and I don't think it'd be too bad to have it on another car.

( If I didn't stick with lexus permanently, that is )

The other one I liked was a bit too noncy, I think.

Might try and persuade the gf that it's a requirement ;)

G