Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Place For Rs200 Bits N Bobs?

Sacred

Hi everyone.

Before I start I will just let you know - if you haven't figured already - that I'm a complete Noob, so go easy.

Just bought this car - http://www.autobmc.com/view_specs_sold.php?car_id=53 - Though I like it, there are a few things I'd like to get or at least learn about.

Firstly, I've seenalot of IS300's and a few RS200's with the optional screen ontop of the dash, I have the stock headunit which has the option for T.V so I was wondering is there any way to get the screen seperately and hook it up without replacing anything? Also, if this is not really a proper solution - as i'm sure I'll have TV tuning probs between UHF and VHF which I don't know about fixing - what sort of headunit will go nicely in this setup as I had a celica before with the double DIN slot and got a Kenwood DVD player, however, there wasa lot of gap and I couldnt find a facia.

I was also told by the guys at the place I got it (they import and tune) when I asked what the possibilities are that I could get an induction kit, as well as an ECU remap to increase power a little.

I don't really have any desire to do this work myself as I don't trust myself on it. I think I've read enough to know what I need to do to fit the an induction kit but I still don't trust myself messing something up.

So most work will be done by them, I have no problem paying a reasonable fee for the labour. Gives me peace of mind.

What I want to know about this is has anyone here had a remap and fitted an induction kit?

How much difference did it make and did you get anything else done?

Just kind of in the "new toy" mode and want to know what the possibilities are.

-greg

you can't remap the standard ECU so you would need to go aftermarket but there wouldn't be much point unless your gonna get modding, you maybe able to chip it but I'm not 100% sure

as for Induction kit your get a nice raw from under the bonnet as when you floor it still makes me smile like a little school kid when I plant the loud pedal on mine and a few more hp but nothing major

you can read the spec of mine to see what I've done and the power it's pushing in my sig, that give you a few ideas

What sort of aftermarket ECU's are out there? And what else do you mean by "get modding", Not sure what else there is to do...except turbocharge...?

I wastold I could get about 20-30 bhp doing a remap....is this wrong?

What sort of aftermarket ECU's are out there? And what else do you mean by "get modding", Not sure what else there is to do...except turbocharge...?

well depending . if you going to be using different fule as well . but by adding a induction kit and maby a 2.2 stroker kit you could definatly get the 30bhp power u want after a remap and also have better torq

the car looks nice and very clean . hop up and down on it a bit to see what the suspension is like .

there's a few ECU's you can get Apexi, greddy e-manage, hks to name a few

some are easier to fit than others, some a straight swap others you need the looms and someone who knows what there doin

as for "getting modding" there's so much you can do, if you gonna be N/A modding like myself you wanna get the car to breath more easily, so air in exhaust out a few things you can do

induction kit or performance filter

new back box

de-cat

manifold

port and polish the head

camcon

aftermarket ecu

throttle bodies maybe

final drive kit

light weight flywheel

uprated clutch

you could go for a supercharger or turbocharger, think you can run about 0.6 bar boost then your need injector upgrades new fuel pump and other bits so you better be prepared to get your cash out

if you wanna run 1bar boost your need to uprate your internals so you don't blow the car up

some mods will depend on what your set up is like, cams and pulleys ect

how much do you wanna spend ????

:offtopic: what's a camcon? :blush:

Its basically the best bang per buck mod u can get for the Altezza, gives u some much needed low end torque. Not sure of anyone that has got one tuned in in Ireland though, I might be the first! Plan on getting one soon and see if the lads in Westward will tune it in for me :shifty:

Its basically the best bang per buck mod u can get for the Altezza, gives u some much needed low end torque. Not sure of anyone that has got one tuned in in Ireland though, I might be the first! Plan on getting one soon and see if the lads in Westward will tune it in for me :shifty:

Been doing a bit of reading up on it and i might be interested in getting one myself. What sort of dosh would we be looking at including set up?

Been doing a bit of reading up on it and i might be interested in getting one myself. What sort of dosh would we be looking at including set up?

well they cost about 210 GBP then u need it fitted and tuned in could be about another 300 maybe

talk to Mark at TDI (lakeside), they installed and set up mine, will give you an idea of how much it'll cost

Hi again.

Been driving around quite a bit in it. Tried a few races with various cars. Most recently an R32, which I knew I wouldnt stand a chance against, but I did better than I expected. Off the line I guess the 4wd allows it to pull away like lightning but after that I'm about a cars length behind and closing in as I move up in gear. Was quite chuffed.

One thing that gets to me though, is having a passenger. I lose like a second on the 0-60 taking it to about 8.2secs with my mate in the car. He's a big guy (at about 115kg) so I understand the lag as I had the same prob in my Celica before this.

Where can I get such a Camcon? Online or from a specific place (recommended)?

Can someone explain to me what a 2.2 stroker is? And also what the most worthwhile of all the mods mentioned is for a little bit of a boost (in an order if possible, so that I have something to move onto when I get more money...)

I'm not looking to spend more than £400 on an initial mod, just to see what I can have done and how it might help, then I can save up accordingly.

Hi again.

Been driving around quite a bit in it. Tried a few races with various cars. Most recently an R32, which I knew I wouldnt stand a chance against, but I did better than I expected. Off the line I guess the 4wd allows it to pull away like lightning but after that I'm about a cars length behind and closing in as I move up in gear. Was quite chuffed.

One thing that gets to me though, is having a passenger. I lose like a second on the 0-60 taking it to about 8.2secs with my mate in the car. He's a big guy (at about 115kg) so I understand the lag as I had the same prob in my Celica before this.

Where can I get such a Camcon? Online or from a specific place (recommended)?

Can someone explain to me what a 2.2 stroker is? And also what the most worthwhile of all the mods mentioned is for a little bit of a boost (in an order if possible, so that I have something to move onto when I get more money...)

I'm not looking to spend more than £400 on an initial mod, just to see what I can have done and how it might help, then I can save up accordingly.

heres a link to it

the mods I listed are mostly in the order that you would do them

IMO the camcon is the best mod for the money under £400

a lightweight flywheel will help the car rev up quicker as there's not so much weight to get spinning round on the end of the crank

I'm looking at altering the final drive of my tezza soon to give me more acceleration but I will lose top end, but to be fair when do you get to use your top end in your top gear, ok I may have to change gears a bit sooner but that doesn't really bother me

IMO I would get any mechanical mods done 1st then get your camcon tuned for these settings, rather than tweaking it each time you do something else to the car

IMO I would get any mechanical mods done 1st then get your camcon tuned for these settings, rather than tweaking it each time you do something else to the car

Well ive added an apexi induction kit and last owner stuck a aftermarket cat back exhaust system so what other mechanical mods can be done that arent too expensive before i get the camcon?

de-cat, light weight flywheel maybe

Will a lightweight flywheel work with the standard clutch?

De- catting will that not increase the emissions and make it fail NCT(MOT)?

yep I've got a standard clutch on a TRD flywheel

yeah it may do, just get the cat put back for the MOT it's only 4 bolts you need to undo, it's easy

Robinh. I have a final drive in my car it came from japan on it .I would definatly recomend it :winky:

I have went up against 3 of my mates tezzas and ill pull 3to4 car lenghts in first and second gear the only draw back is your nearly up on 3500rpm at 100kmph in sixth gearso its a bit loud but it is worth it the car feels way more torqey :lol:

Robinh. I have a final drive in my car it came from japan on it .I would definatly recomend it :winky:

I have went up against 3 of my mates tezzas and ill pull 3to4 car lenghts in first and second gear the only draw back is your nearly up on 3500rpm at 100kmph in sixth gearso its a bit loud but it is worth it the car feels way more torqey :lol:

Hmm my car is the same too maybe i have one of these fitted too! We will find out at the rolling road i suppose!

I havent a clue mate it came in that way.I dont think it will give a higher reading on the dyno will it?, it revsup better because of the gear ratio in the diff not because of more power correct me if im wrong lads :lol: