Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

V8 Is500

Fidgits

I noticed EVO magazine have a brief mention of the new IS500 (V8), but no more info...

Anyone care to shed some light on this? Real? Rumour?

Expected arrival/cost?

You haven't been reading the boards so often now you've got that Porker, have you? Have a quick search under IS-F... that's it on my avatar.

It's real, I saw it at the Houston Auto Show last week (and the LS-A which is the DB's). Supposed to be released this Autumn with a price tag of $54K.so expect the UK import to be only marginally less in £'s :angry:

has anyone got confirmation the the ISF will actually be making it to our shores ????

we obviously arent good enough for the is350, so what are the chances that we might not get the ISF :P

I'm still convinced the IS350 will come shortly after the IS-F as a cheaper alternative......

Remember the IS300 only came in 2001, when the IS200 was launched in 1999......

We'll have to just wait and see :whistling:

I'm still convinced the IS350 will come shortly after the IS-F as a cheaper alternative......

Remember the IS300 only came in 2001, when the IS200 was launched in 1999......

We'll have to just wait and see :whistling:

Am I right in thinking the IS300 wasn't sold anywhere until 2001 though?

Whereas the 350 exists now, they just don't sell it here. As an aside, is the 350 sold in Japan? (ie is there already a RHD variant they could simply bring over, with the buttons in Euro-language etc)

Mike

Am I right in thinking the IS300 wasn't sold anywhere until 2001 though?

Whereas the 350 exists now, they just don't sell it here. As an aside, is the 350 sold in Japan? (ie is there already a RHD variant they could simply bring over, with the buttons in Euro-language etc)

Mike

I'm not sure but I think that is correct - however, I just think its an economic game, the IS350 has to come to steal buyers of the 335i........unless they're planning to sell the IS-F at IS350 money, there'll be a huge gap in the range which won't make any sense

And yes, the IS350 is sold in Japan in RHD, so importing one is an option

I'm not sure but I think that is correct - however, I just think its an economic game, the IS350 has to come to steal buyers of the 335i........unless they're planning to sell the IS-F at IS350 money, there'll be a huge gap in the range which won't make any sense

335i isn't about yet, surely?

Or am I behind the news?

335i isn't about yet, surely?

Or am I behind the news?

The American and Canadian market is huge, and I 've lost count of the number of (differing) Lexus models I've seen just in Houston. That's why they've got the choice of the 220D, 250 AWD, 250 RWD auto and manual, the 350 and the soon to arrive IS-F.

Introducing the 350 into the UK and following it up with the IS-F would have been silly marketing,,,there just isn't enough demand. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 350 crept in shortly after the IS-F :) ,