Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, This May Be It Finally!

nice.

wheels look in good condition, theve been refurb'ed by the look of it. there not diamond cut.

reckon ur first mod should be the grill. there only £35 from lexus (painted).

has it got a blue dash i see? not a lover of that.

but welcome to the world of lexus ownership!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, all the pedals are aluminium inc the footrest. The rear windows are tinted as well btw. He has had all 5 alloys refurbed and ScotchGard'ed.

I've just run the Data Check on the RAC website and it returned it as an IS200 Sport:

Manufacturer LEXUS

Model IS200 SPORT

Body type 4 DOOR SALOON

Colour BLUE

Fuel type PETROL

Date manufactured 29 March 2002

Jamie

OK, I have a little more information on the car... maybe bad news?

I have contacted Lexus Liverpool where they serviced it and asked them regarding the service history and safety document...

The clutch will need replacing

The front driver's side caliper is beginning to "bind" slightly

The rear pads have approximately 15% remaining

He hasn't told me about this and hopefully this will lead to further negotiating in price.

I'm a little worried as I don't know the extent of these jobs and parts and could do with some guidance... Anyone have ideas on prices for parts / labour?

Many thanks,

Jamie

I have contacted Lexus Liverpool where they serviced it and asked them regarding the service history and safety document...

He hasn't told me about this and hopefully this will lead to further negotiating in price.

I'm a little worried as I don't know the extent of these jobs and parts and could do with some guidance... Anyone have ideas on prices for parts / labour?

Many thanks,

Jamie

dont believe everything the dealer tells you though

they once told me my brakes needed replacing took them to a garage they told me the were fine only 15% used

i do not think they would keep this record about brakes etc need doing

they may keep a record on service history etc but not other info

chris s may be able to answer this or someone else

I would Say £150 for Clutch £100 for rear pads (as maty above says if this is the case?) make sure you have agood look at the state of the discs and make sure there not warped this is a common problem are you likly to get the deposit back if you pull out? is it a dealer or private might be worth taking a mate built like a brick S**t house just incase he trys to get funny

Good luck

Many thanks,

Jamie

Yeah I think Sanj paid around £500 for his new clutch last year.

Also, Lexus dealers always tell you that your pads need replacing, they said they were 90% worn, we went to change them ourselves and they were like new still.

So dont always believe what they tell you!!!!

Even if the pads need doing, it can be done a quarter of the price if you get them done at an independent garage.

Good luck fella

Nice one Jamie........very similar to mine when I bought it pre mods........You might find the exhaust tip is just filthy and needs some fine wire wool on it.

Ditto about the pads, Lexus favourite comment "Needs new pads"......lol.

Good luck mate!!

Keith

Many thanks,

Jamie

Jamie,

The pads are a visual inspection, and in all honesty, usually bull :tsktsk: - its a quick way to make a lot of money, so find a good garage you trust to have a look, and as someone says, you can get it done for pennys...

IF the clutch needs doing (and hey, they said it right :winky: ) thats 500 nicker, (right :winky: ) so mention what the garage said and get a chunk of money knocked off (say you go halfs on the clutch and brakes, call it 400 quid he knocks off - win/win)

When I took my IS to Lexus Liverpool last time the safety report had a bill of £1280.....took it to the garage round the corner and it cost me £230! I'd even took out a loan to cover everything. Ended up buying the supercharger with the money saved!!! :D :D :lol:

Good luck with the purchase.

No problems Andrew, that's fine.

I agree with the cost reduction aspect and as you say - it's a win / win situation as he still gets the mahoney for the car and I get a reduction to cover the costs of the clutch. When people are quoting £500 for the clutch - I gather this is including fitting and at this cost - by Lexus?

Does anyone have an idea what price I'd be looking at for the caliper? Is fitting of these simple? I imagine it is, but I may be completely wrong. Disconnecting brake pipes and connections etc...?

Jamie

No problems Andrew, that's fine.

I agree with the cost reduction aspect and as you say - it's a win / win situation as he still gets the mahoney for the car and I get a reduction to cover the costs of the clutch. When people are quoting £500 for the clutch - I gather this is including fitting and at this cost - by Lexus?

Does anyone have an idea what price I'd be looking at for the caliper? Is fitting of these simple? I imagine it is, but I may be completely wrong. Disconnecting brake pipes and connections etc...?

Jamie

calipers are about £70 to be refurbished, most garages can do it, they just take it off and most of the time they exchange it with another re furbished one or they get yours refurbed and its still normaly done the same day.

how many miles has the car done? the clutches last around 100k depending on driving so if it is low milage, it is either fine and lexus are wrong about the replacement or the car has been abused. (but they really are bullet proof so don't worrie too much about that)

make sure you get at least 1, 3 buttoned master key. makes life alot simpler.

the car looks great and I hope all goes well with it.

£70 isn't too bad then, had visions of it being pretty bad. Do Lexus offer this service? I've tried PM'ing Chris.S but no reply as yet sadly with regards to prices.

The car has covered 46k and it was at 44k that Lexus have mentioned the clutch needs replacing.

The car comes with 2 3 buttoned keys and a service key (?) so I'm pleased with that.

Jamie

Iya m8. I know that you are going to look at a lexus today but if you didnt purchase it im selling mine.

Its a 2003 IS200 Sport navigator with 36000 miles, lexus history, sports grille, trd front lip spoiler, Clifford concept 750 proximity cat alarm/immobiliser, 1 previous owner. Gimme a shout if your intersted. Ive Pm'ed you aswell, hope you dont mind.

plymouth%202006%20046.jpg

101_0068.jpg

101_0054.jpg

selling so soon Phunt - you've had it less than 6 months...

oh, and how much you looking for?

Yeah! It doesn't take me long to get board lol , i'm after an impreza now. Im looking for £10,995 o.n.o

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links