Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Owner - Rx300 Se 2003/03 (facelifted)

Hi Guys,

We've bought our first Lexus after having owned a couple of BMWs over the last six (6) years. Must say this Forum has proved informative in helping us understand the issues of Ownership for these cars (well SUVs) and coupled with the positive Sales and Customer Service experience, we decided to buy :)

We hope to pick up the car from Lexus of Croydon on Saturday 10th February 2006 and look forward to getting used to the vehicle. We have high hopes for the reliability and functionality of this vehicle, but never having owned an SUV or indeed a Lexus, we'd welcome any hints/tips/advice from y'all that would help us adjust.

The car comes with a full set of four (4) Bridgestone Potenza tyres on 18" rims - I've always been a Michelin type of person myself (thanks to Costco) and was wondering if people could provide any feedback on how these tyres handle with town driving in most conditions? I am looking to change them to Michelin Diamaris (sp?) only because they are Michelin tyres having had excellent experience of the Pilot Sport IIs on our 330. Is it worth it? Are the Bridgestones worth keeping? Is the Michelin a better tyre?

Also, are there any particular aspects we should check for, look out for and examine more closely when going through the Collection Procedure at Croydon Lexus?

Any thoughts and input greatly welcome.

Hi

A very timely post. I too am about to take delivery of my very first Lexus, a 2003 RX300 SE which I too will be collecting from Lexus Croydon later on this month.

Looking forward to some interesting replies from some of the old hands out there.

The Dealer has said that he will complete the 40k mile service on the car as it is due - he has been cagey as to what this exactly will entail?

I mean do Lexus recommend Brakefluid (every 2 years) and Coolant (every 4 years) changing like other manufacturers? Is this part of the normal service schedule?

Also, can someome please explain the 'Gold Member Discount' scheme? Speaking selfishly, what sort of discount can one accept from participating Dealer on Servicing and Accessories?

Many thanks!

Like you I always tend to fit Michelin. However after 23000 miles from new with the Bridgestone's fitted they still have 6.5mm tread left and I can't really fault them so rather than throw money away leave them be until you've tried them yourself.

The only points I could advise you to check would be wear and tear on the upholstery and go over the alloys with a fine tooth comb as these are the only items likely to show any corrosion.

Also check the lurching thread - not that you can do anything about it except learn to live with it.

Otherwise I am sure that you will be very happy with the car.

Like you I always tend to fit Michelin. However after 23000 miles from new with the Bridgestone's fitted they still have 6.5mm tread left and I can't really fault them so rather than throw money away leave them be until you've tried them yourself.

The only points I could advise you to check would be wear and tear on the upholstery and go over the alloys with a fine tooth comb as these are the only items likely to show any corrosion.

Also check the lurching thread - not that you can do anything about it except learn to live with it.

Otherwise I am sure that you will be very happy with the car.

It is not strictly true about the 'Lurching' statement made above. A software fix is available to cure this problem. I had mine done a few months ago, and the problem has gone.

We collected our car from Lexus Croydon and despite my cynism - the car was prep'd and ready as promissed. Everything was 'ready to go' and I was left very impressed by their atention to detail and Customer Service. When we arrived at the Train Station, they apologised for not being able to get to us (too much traffic) and simply asked us to get a taxi and they would pay the bill.

From the moment we arrived, the Sales Person who we dealt with voer the phone had everything ready and full credit to them they gave us what was left of the RFL too! Handover went smoothly and without hitch. They ensured we were comfortable with the car and then waved us off on our way.

Absolutely stunning service from Lexus Croydon and the journey back in the RX300 was a joy - seemed much shroter than we were used to! :)

So far we have been nothing short of impressed by the car and we feel we made the right choice in vehicle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links