Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrade To An Is300

Fargo

Well, think i'll try a new tactic to aid me getting where i want to be.

So do you fancy upgrading to a Red IS300 Jan 03, 59k miles. i'll take your IS200 as PX plus a reasonable amount of cash (make me an offer)

well i went round the various local dealers (non lexus) to see what they would offer (as a backup plan) of course some of the prices were outrageous as you would expect, but the main bugbear was red, most people want darker colours.

@kazi, reckon id like to get about 5k on top (ono)

Mate, i just spoke to a salesman today about p/x'ing my IS200 in for somethin with a little more 'go' :winky:

They said that red cars and white cars have lower p/x rates :yawn: I told him to go shove it up his ar$e becuase the IS looks fantastic in white, end of!!! (and that's not just my opinion coz i own one).

Private sale is the best way mate :)

Mate, i just spoke to a salesman today about p/x'ing my IS200 in for somethin with a little more 'go' :winky:

They said that red cars and white cars have lower p/x rates :yawn: I told him to go shove it up his ar$e becuase the IS looks fantastic in white, end of!!! (and that's not just my opinion coz i own one).

Private sale is the best way mate :)

It's probably old school thinking..... red cars go pink and white show's up the rust.... :blush: , but those colours when polished up and with the sun shining are hard to dismiss.... B)

yeh private is the way im going, trade was/is my back up.

on the flip side of the colour debate, black cars show the swirl marks the most..

agreed, and the scratches!!!!

The guy at this dealership had a stunning red S4 sitting there and he said he couldn't "give it away" because of its colour.....yea bo!!ocks!!! Was a snip at 20k. Some cars, the IS definitely included, look absoloutly stunning in red!!

I've seen ur car paul at JAE, and its mint!!!! You really shouldn't have a problem selling that privately. In all honesty though, if u part-ex it for whatever ur going for next at the same dealership.....you can often get a decent exchange price (obviously with a bit of haggling :winky: )

on the flip side of the colour debate, black cars show the swirl marks the most..

Agreed!!!!

Will check insurance cost etc tomoz....

Bloody stealers are rip offs though mate..

I know a guy with a 2002 911, right colour combo, spec the lot...

Worth 32-34k privately, on a Porsche Forecourt your looking at least 35k on the windscreen.

He wanted to part ex against a 45k Turbo, you wont believe what they offered him.

23k! :blink:

:tsktsk: rip off, the lot of em!

Its a shame if you cant shift it privately, after all, its been a well looked after motor and im sure someone will benifit from that! lets just hope its not some rip-off merchant middle man!

not many dealerships have a supra to PX with, plus they would have to give ME money as supras are pretty cheap nowdays.

sorry mate, didn't realise it was a supra u were after. I guess that's where the problem lies coz they don't wanna be handing out cash :crybaby:

What price you after for it?

Forums

News

Membership