Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Steam Halflife 2/counter Stike Online Gamers Here?

codlord

I know there are some PC gamers out there, can anybody give me some advice getting steam/HL2 deathmatch/CS:Source stuff to work online.

I am trying to set up a private multiplayer game between me and a mate. We both have legit registered copies of steam and the games. We can both play the games and both join other internet servers no prob. We can both see each other on steam friends lists, chat etc. Both have just windows xp firewall, no other software firewalls/security software in place.

If I create a server he cannot see it at all (even if I expose my PC on the DMZ of my router).

If he creates a server I can see it via steam on my friends servers but when I try and join I get an error:

"Lan servers are restricted to local clients (class C)"

Now I understand what this error is saying - it seems to be thinking I am joining a LAN game and becuase my IP does not match my mates IP we can't play a LAN game, but this is an internet game - whats the deal - I though steam would make this easy but seems not.

Any advice appreciated.

Ta

I know there are some PC gamers out there, can anybody give me some advice getting steam/HL2 deathmatch/CS:Source stuff to work online.

I am trying to set up a private multiplayer game between me and a mate. We both have legit registered copies of steam and the games. We can both play the games and both join other internet servers no prob. We can both see each other on steam friends lists, chat etc. Both have just windows xp firewall, no other software firewalls/security software in place.

If I create a server he cannot see it at all (even if I expose my PC on the DMZ of my router).

If he creates a server I can see it via steam on my friends servers but when I try and join I get an error:

Now I understand what this error is saying - it seems to be thinking I am joining a LAN game and becuase my IP does not match my mates IP we can't play a LAN game, but this is an internet game - whats the deal - I though steam would make this easy but seems not.

Any advice appreciated.

Ta

Hi ,

will get my son to reply tonight as he is always using steam ,he and his mates have created servers and are always playing online .

cheers :)

swager

Any advice appreciated.

Ta

Hi ,

will get my son to reply tonight as he is always using steam ,he and his mates have created servers and are always playing online .

cheers :)

swager

hello, swagers son here (what a stupid name huh?)

i don't know if you've tried doing anything with your router IP address because sometimes when you create a server it uses some sort of user IP for the server and not your routers if you were to go on whatsmyipaddress.com and copy and paste your ip to your friend he could copy into the in-game console and connect via this command " connect (then your ip address)" the comand works with me as i cannot join my friends server because it doesn't show up and through friends it does not respond.

good luck.