Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys not been on for a bit I was running around like a headless chicken to get my Brakes sorted out. My steering started to judder when breaking and high speeds and I was hearing some whining/screeching noise as I drove on the right hand side.

So I decided to get it checked out and the guy to told me my rear brake shoes where gone and possible pads need changing over.

So phoned around and got a set of front and rear disc's with pads and rear hand break shoes all for £200 I thought that was good deal.

Gave it t the garage and got it back last night ( I missed it, I had to drive my sis micra!!!! ) all seems good and running and breaking fine so far.

The mechanic said my front caliper piston where sized!!! and that not all my breaking system was working and the disc and pad needed changing so am really pleaed that I got a new set on all round and hopefully wont have to worry about it for a long time.

I gather that sticky callipers are a common problem :(
Yep they are I was told that and had read up on it prior to buying my GS, But i guess you would not really be able to tell from just looking at the car when you are buying.

Im slowly understaing how these car are.

I got the mechanic to check all of them and make sure they are all fully operational, If you cant do it your self then its worth gettign them checked properly

Gs models always have brake problems in higher mileage cars 80k+ miles

Always have a mechanic clean the sliders regularly... this will stop the caliper seizing and ruining your disks.

New calipers are VERY expensive... about £300ish

Gs models always have brake problems in higher mileage cars 80k+ miles

Always have a mechanic clean the sliders regularly... this will stop the caliper seizing and ruining your disks.

New calipers are VERY expensive... about £300ish

How often would you say they should be checked? with every service or at a certain mileage interval?