Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The fob will no longer switch the alarm off. i have changed the Battery, cleaned up the fob internally but still no joy. if i put the key in the drivers lock and turn the key it sets the alarm off. is there anyway to reset the alarm i dont want to have to rip out the lexus alarm and put a 3rd party alarm in.

cheers

big sinky

does the remote work to lock the doors?? if not manually lock all the door ( not with the key ) then unlock either side front doors with the key this should turn the system off but will reset after you get out of the car and lock the doors,

the problem could be the remote PCB the computer board inside the key check the PCB with a magnifying glass to see if any of the tracks are broken

if system is still live and wont turn off it could be one of the door courtesy lights are blown check each one by opening the door and closing it the light should come on when open and go out when shut, any light that dosnt work will cause your symptom

does the remote work to lock the doors?? if not manually lock all the door ( not with the key ) then unlock either side front doors with the key this should turn the system off but will reset after you get out of the car and lock the doors,

the problem could be the remote PCB the computer board inside the key check the PCB with a magnifying glass to see if any of the tracks are broken

if system is still live and wont turn off it could be one of the door courtesy lights are blown check each one by opening the door and closing it the light should come on when open and go out when shut, any light that dosnt work will cause your symptom

nope the remote will not lock the doors. my mechanic friend managed to get the alarm disarmed and i am now able to lock the car with the key. i will get him to examine the pcb for dry joints, broken tracks etc, but i dont hold out much hope. Can i get another key fob from Lexus if I supply the VIN number of the car?

cheers

Big Sinky