Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Wear

perfectly normal for the IS it is because the factory settings from lexus cause this- you need to have a full geometry of the wheels performed - there is no point just having the tracking and alignment done.

another member wheelsinmotion will be along shortly and give you some more advise as he has some new figures that will cure this problem.

Just had my 200 up on the ramps. The front tyres are completly through to the threads on the inside edges but the rest of the tyres (outside edges) are like new. Is this normal? Any advice?

Sadly many IS200/300 wear the tyres in this fashion. The reason is a combination between the camber and castor positions. To add complication the stock camber positions are dynamically incorrect so returning the chassis to stock positions will not resolve the issue. Some years ago wim analyzed the reason and re-wrote the front end Geometry positions... These can be found in the clubs knowledge base. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. Going to get the geometry done on monday along with a new set of tyres. Only one thing I wondered though. My IS is a UK RHD, I'm in the Czech republic, the knowledge base says something about UK/Europe settings. Does it make a difference? Once again, thanks for the help. Stew

Thanks for that. Going to get the geometry done on monday along with a new set of tyres. Only one thing I wondered though. My IS is a UK RHD, I'm in the Czech republic, the knowledge base says something about UK/Europe settings. Does it make a difference? Once again, thanks for the help. Stew

No. The positions are obviously incorrect so i advise to go for the revised settings regardless.

My cousin from Kent says all four of her tyres are worn very bady on the inside only! Nearly bald after 4000 miles, but dealer recons all is OK. Still trying to get het to join the club :D

My cousin from Kent says all four of her tyres are worn very bady on the inside only! Nearly bald after 4000 miles, but dealer recons all is OK. Still trying to get het to join the club :D

Its not o.k regardless of what the dealer says,she needs to get the IS down to Tony @ WIM a.s.a.p and save herself a small fortune.

They would just fail it and you have seven days to rectify the problem and they will redo the M.O.T for normally free of charge once you have new tyres put on

Is inner edge balding an instant MOT failure? If I bring my car to service and the dealer spots it, am I allowed to drive away and have the tyre replaced elsewhere, or are they legal obligated to replace it?

The dealer will say it's ok? The actual target positions designed by Lexus is wrong..... The dealer can set the car every month and the tyres will still wear!!