Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead Batteries

Brendan

anyone else find the Battery life in the remotes to be crap for the new IS, mine lasted just over a year when it began to fail. if the keys were in my pocket it wouldn't recognise them likewise in the car it indicated key not present if not held up beside the start button. I reckon it's probably cause of the extra power it uses to send/recieve constant signals? prior to this i have never had to change the batteries in a remote as i change my car every 2 years. (that said i still have to buy replacement ones, i just switched to the second remote!)

Bearing in mind it does just unlock the car. Their must be a constant signal between the remote and the car.

It must constantly handshake when near the car, which is how it knows if the key has gone outside or not. Oh well, get a stock of those babies in then...

OFF TOPIC Apparently there are sensors in the front and back of the car checking to see it's still there. It is a shame it allows you to drive off if you leave the key outside. I almost did that until the gong gonged (accidentally left keys in the garage).

anyone else find the battery life in the remotes to be crap for the new IS, mine lasted just over a year when it began to fail. if the keys were in my pocket it wouldn't recognise them likewise in the car it indicated key not present if not held up beside the start button. I reckon it's probably cause of the extra power it uses to send/recieve constant signals? prior to this i have never had to change the batteries in a remote as i change my car every 2 years. (that said i still have to buy replacement ones, i just switched to the second remote!)

The Lexus Stealership changed the batteries in my keys at it's first service, which happened to be annual..so guess that's the OEM recommendation :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links