Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Supercharger Problem

Hi,

a friend of mine just installed his TTE s/c kit. Everything worked out well but we have a strange problem.

From start it goes very well.. until it reaches 4000 rpm. The engine becomes extreeme powerless and won't run higher revs.

What could this be?

Faulty ECU (black) connection or incorrect bypass setting?

Someone here who had a similar problem with this kit?

PS: Something that is strange is that the bypass looks slightly different from what I know from TTE Bypasses. There is a different spring installed. Not the same like on my supercharger...

Put up a pic of the spring. Was the s/c brand new or second hand? The problems that people have had with the s/c were mainly due to the piggy back ECU. Especially if the kit is second hand. I think Gerhard had a similar problem after I sold him my S/C. Again it was due to the ECU

Kit is 'new' (which means 'never fitted'). But looks like the old (very old) MK1 TTE Airbox. Could be that it was laying around several years. Don't know about that.

Tubing is checked. S/C delivers exactly 0,38bar.

Think it is pointing out that there is a problem with the black ECU.

Will post a pic of the bypass as soon as possible...

Pics... from what I know: This should be the first generation bypass-spring-system (what a word)..

He told me that it made no difference whether to tighten or lose the bypass cable.. it always does a powerloss at 4000rpm..

So if this kit is a bit... oldish... could it be that a wrong pulley diamter (older kit seem to have a different diameter) together with a slightly newer black ECU causes this problem?

Any comments?

Pics:

P2100001.jpg

P2100002-1.jpg

P2100003-1.jpg

P2100004-1.jpg

I have the old black ECU aswell, I had quite the same problem the last month, the car couldn't rev higher than 1000rpm until I disconnect the Battery for at least 1 minute.

TTE suggested to disconnect the TTE ECU, and it works fine since then. They did not send me a new one.

I have the old black ECU aswell, I had quite the same problem the last month, the car couldn't rev higher than 1000rpm until I disconnect the battery for at least 1 minute.

TTE suggested to disconnect the TTE ECU, and it works fine since then. They did not send me a new one.

In essence then....your fueling mixture could be wrong.... :blink:

it would be the black ECU causing problems - i had the same problem until i replaced the ecu - contact tte for a new spring assembly and replacement ECU - they should all be free also.

I would also run the cable underneath the supercharger

Hi,

awaiting a reply from TTE. Thanks for the comments :)

The cable is from a (so far) disconnected LPG-system. It is a bit too short to run underneath the s/c. But perhaps it will be fixed during the next months..

Just reading the 1st post again, as the kit has just been fitted, make sure that the, piggy-back black ecu is fitted correctly :)

If anyone needs a black ECU, i have one spare, along with TTE supercharger fitting instructions.

Hello mate, long time no see, how's things?

Things are ok with me mate, how about you ?

I haven't looked on hear for ages..... I'm trying to catch up, to see if i still know anyone on here.

I see your doing some new mods.... Are you running a turbo now ?

i e-mailed tte when my ecu packed in and had it with me within 4 days which was fantastic. got it no problem at all.

Also does the power die only at 4000 or when you plant the foot around then?

This happened with me but when i planted the foot the cable was under too much stress that it ceased to move and eventually started to flash up engine management signs etc. I had to adjust it to the least possible tension and bend thebracket slightly, after i did that it was great, works perfect now!

Wouldn't of thought this would be a probem but hows the belt, as its new i guess its in mint condition, plenty tenstion in it yeh?

Hope ya get it fixed mate.

jay

TTE are very very quick when sending items out - just wish a few more companies were like them.

let us know how the car is after the new black ECU. your bypass cable adjust is a little bit forward than it should be ( according to TTE) but I dont think it will make any real difference.

Oh! did you get the new type of spring also???

the nuts should be as far up the thread as possible - TTE say this is because if the adjuster is at the other end - ie a tighter cable then this "could" extra load on the throttle servo and then you will get a power cut and the associated eng anf trc lights on the dash......... this happened to a newish member a month or 2 ago i seem to remember.

Out of curiosity i put mine to the other end so the cable was at its tightest and i didnt get any warning lights and i didnt really find it made any difference to the car performance either.

• 2 weeks later...
the nuts should be as far up the thread as possible - TTE say this is because if the adjuster is at the other end - ie a tighter cable then this "could" extra load on the throttle servo and then you will get a power cut and the associated eng anf trc lights on the dash......... this happened to a newish member a month or 2 ago i seem to remember.

Think that could've been me lol.